Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you have so many pop-ups? Maybe if you can describe what you are doing on the page we can suggest another way of accomplishing what you are doing. For example, if your pop-ups are small and about the same size as the trigger object, you can place all your pop-ups on the MouseOver layer and just link both MouseOff and MouseOver to # (the pound sign). See attached. But if you feel at liberty to share more details of your site there might be other solutions.
The reason for so many pop ups is that it`s the letters of the alphabet A-Z plus a main page, but 2 letters are not being used (X & Y) 25 pages in total. I`m not going to be publishing the site, i will be storing it on an external drive or usb thumb drive as html.
The main concept is my music collection. I have 736 albums and i just wanted to do a database, but my database is going to teach me how to make a web site as well and figure out problems along the way and maybe come across easier ways to do things.

At the start of my first build i was going to link an artist in the A section (Airbourne) to another page that gave information about the album (eg: Album Name, Year, Genre, Track Listing, Track Length & Album Length). But i decided that was going to be far to many pages and it would overwhelm the whole project i wanted to do. The way i`m doing it now is to link an artist name (on the main INDEX page) to the A section page where all the pop ups are and then click on an album panel on the A section page so a pop up will appear with all the information in the pop up. Less pages but a lot more pop ups. But copy and paste saves me time redoing the pop up for each album..

And yes i know there are databases out there to do all that but i have already made myself a database in MS Access, but doing it this way in Web Designer gives me more of a visual style and i`m learning new things as i go. I have also found ways to do things i wouldn`t have thought about... And that is why i posted my question on the forum to see if it was possible to link a button or a panel from 1 page to a pop up on another page..

So that is what i am doing, if you want to see a few screen shots i can post them so you can see and maybe you might have a few suggestions to do certain things.. I hope i have described everything in a way that makes sense.. lol