Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Happy New Year to all.

@Chris - you can link and open a Layer on from a call from another page with some simple code and a bit of structure thrown together.

Here is a simple demo file: JS - Open Anchored Layer on Page Load.xar

Add the following to Website > HTML Code (body):

<script>
var anchor = window.location.hash;
if (anchor) {
anchor = anchor.split('#')[1];
xr_v1(document.getElementById(anchor).parentNode.p arentNode);
}
</script>

The code has to fire after the page has loaded. It check the web address and if the address has an anchor, it tries to open the Layer with the same name.

In my index page, I have three pop-up Layers (Popup, Sage, Elephant) - add any of your own or even another page altogether.
The index page has three simple buttons to open their called Layer. Add another for your layer on the MouseOff/Over layer.
Each Layer must have an object with a Name="layer" - lowercase of the Layer name. If your new Layer is Archibald then an object on Archibald is Named archibald. [Quick Test: where is the Name on the Elephant layer?]

I have a calling page (Page 2) but the links can be on any page anywhere whatsoever other than the page the layer is on.
Each link is set to the relative URL name of the page that holds the anchor, together with a hash and the anchor Name. If you wanted to open the Archibald Layer on the index page, you would use - link to Web or Email address: index.htm#archibald.

I have included a Close link on each Layer as an anchored call is not really clicking the button so Xara needs to be told explicitly to close the Layer. I used "popup:close".

Acorn
Thanks for the help Acorn.. At least i now know it`s possible to link to a pop up from another page. Thanks guys for all the help, now i can get stuck into implementing what i have learned here and add it into my project. Cheers.