Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Full Width Web Pages

I sure hope all had a wonderful holiday. Would someone take a look at my website: www.newpathwaysconsultants.com and tell me how I can make at least the top half of the "Home Page" or the entire page, full width? Whatever is possible, I want to hear about it. I am presently using Xara Web Designer Premium 15. Thanks for any help I can get. Is what I've asked possible? Thanks again all.

bob

Default Re: Full Width Web Pages

First of all, look at how new I am and judge my abilities based on that.

All objects can be stretched either full width (or full length) by selecting the object and RIGHT clicking (or 'Utilities' menu) 'Web Sicky/Stretchy'. Using a self portrait of myself we can see the difference:

Original:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	123047

White square stretched full width:

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	123048

Photo stretched full width:

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	123049

You will notice that the photo looks horrid when stretched and is pushed behind the white square. I believe I'm correct in saying that all stretched objects are pushed behind non stretched objects.
    The distortion of the photo can be somewhat manipulated when you choose to stretch it, but the only way I know to keep it looking good is to use a large photo and allow it to go beyond the edges of the page. In other words, don't worry about the width of the photo, just make sure the bottom edge is where you want it to be.

Did some experiments about two years ago. Don't really remember what it did technically, and it might not work in any version other than 12.6.2???
    There is some CSS and javascript at the site head.
    The effect is that the built in functionality of "Scale to fit" is hacked to just scale to width.
    Maybe this only works in the used configuration when using variants.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello all and hope this new year will be outstanding for all of us. I was able to get my websites first (home) page to extend the full width of browsers. But, I could not get that to happen to the other pages. I will keep working at it, but want to thank you for your comments and guidance.

bob

That might be my fault. Have only tried that with a single page. Can you post a link so I can have a look?