Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble with Navbar Submenu

Hi

I've just purchased Xara Web Designer Premium. For a long time I've been looking for a similar program, and so far I like it.

It seems that there is one thing I can't get as I want to have ir.

I have a Navbar, to which I added submenus.

I'm from Sweden and use the swedish language in the menu/submenus. Therefore I have å ä ö in the text. In the top level it's ok, but in the submenus it's only a space where these letters ought to be (ë gave the same result).

I have the same font at all levels in the menu (Trebuchet).

Maybe I've done something wrong?

Thanks
    Stefan

Default Re: Trouble with Navbar Submenu

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The space indicates the character either does not exist in the font or that it is not mapping correctly (there are some areas for improvement in Xara's sub-menus).

Try some of the other fonts and see if they support these characters. Or maybe use Character Map or a similar utility to find the appropriate character and copy and paste and see if this works.

The other option is to create your own sub menus on separate layers that you can create in the page and layer gallery. Each new pop-up layer can contain buttons and a mouse over state and you should be able to use your characters correctly.

Info Re: Trouble with Navbar Submenu

Stefan, welcome to TalkGraphics.

I am sure you have done the right things; you must ensure you click OK for all changes when working on NavBars.

Trebuchet MS is installed on my PC and the attached Trebuchet NavBar.xar renders in all major browsers including Safari.

Things to do:
    1. Check you have Trebucket MS installed as a font
    2. Run the program once as Administrator
    3. Check you are saving each change correctly
    4. Check your keyboard region and language setting is Sweden
    5. In the Xara Spell-checker, ensure the document Language is Swedish
    6. Use a Unicode Character Mapping tool like Babelmap as a safety net

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Trouble with Navbar Submenu

After some testing:
    - Trebuchet is installed as a font (I use it often)
    - Tried to change font (Navigation Bar Properties -> Pop-up menu style... -> Font). Checked three different fonts, all of them OK.
    - Writing Swedish with Trebuchet on other places is OK. Even in the Navbars top level. It is only in the submenu the problem occur

Something is wrong with the combination Trebuchet, å ä... & Navbar submenu.

Maybe I can fix it in the html-code (will check that later).

But for the moment I'll ignore it, I know it can be fixed by changing font (but I want to have Trebuchet).

Thank you for quick response!!!

Stefan J

Question Re: Trouble with Navbar Submenu

Stefan, did you miss the example XAR file I created (https://www.talkgraphics.com/attachm...d=1546095254)?
    Does it display your acceneted characters in Trebuchet correctly?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat