Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Heading_1 or H1

Default Heading_1 or H1

Looking at the source code of my website in Google, I note instead of HI, I seem to have Heading_1 instead. As a result my SEO software is telling me I do not have any H1 titles.
    Am I missing something here, and how do I change it (if needed of course)

Thanks guys

Default Re: Heading_1 or H1

Quote Originally Posted by Starmo View Post
    Looking at the source code of my website in Google, I note instead of HI, I seem to have Heading_1 instead. As a result my SEO software is telling me I do not have any H1 titles.
    Am I missing something here, and how do I change it (if needed of course)
    Thanks guys
    You might have misread the code: <h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1 xr_s3" style="top: -25.65px;margin:0;">Heading 1</h1>
    Heading_1 is a CSS style. h1 is the HTML tag your prose is surrounded by.

Xara codes fails to provide h4 and h5 unfortunately.

Don't change a thing other than ignore SEO.
    Can you describe how you looked "at the source code of my website in Google"? I could then check a bit more deeply.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn,

I certainly may have misread it, not spending a lot of time trawling through it. I know what you mean regarding ignore SEO, I only really use it as it sometimes highlights silly mistakes I have made.
    In this case it was saying no H1 tab found which it did not before, hence I started looking through the code.

I right clicked on my page in the browser and clicked 'view source'

Quote Originally Posted by Starmo View Post
    I right clicked on my page in the browser and clicked 'view source'
    Got it. Instead press F12 and use the Developer Toolset. You can inspect all your files easily and run tests. Under Audits, there is a simple SEO check that probably gives you all you need.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat