Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default grey borders on export?

Hi I work in the latest xara version which is photo & graphic designer. When I save an image I get a strange grey border, I'll try upload it below:

https://imgur.com/a/cF9iHHr

If you save the image and look at it on a white bg you will see it.

Default Re: grey borders on export?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Not sure what I am looking at. But usually the reason for a gray or white fringe around an image is the size of the image. For the web, best to save your image as a True Color PNG and if it has irregular borders True Color + Alpha.

If you are saving your image as 256 colors or less, make sure your image is in even pixel amounts and that the placement on the page is in even pixel amounts.

If you have a transparent background, and are creating an image for a website with a non-white background, then place the image over a rectangle the same color as your background. Select the image but not the rectangle and export as PNG, with transparent background.

Even pixels seem to solve the problem. However, the uneven pixels do no create the border at export when creating and saving at 100% zoom. Is that a bug?

How are you saving the image (JPEG, PNG, 24-bit, 256 or 16 colors)? Need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    How are you saving the image (JPEG, PNG, 24-bit, 256 or 16 colors)? Need more info.
    jpeg and png 24bit same result

just checked png + alpha same result

so far the solution is either save at 100% zoom or save with even pixels at any zoom

Xara anti-aliases images, and this softens the edges as well. So if an image is 125.5 pixels wide, Xara will attempt to blend the image with the background which results in the border issue.

Xara anti-aliases images, and this softens the edges as well. So if an image is 125.5 pixels wide, Xara will attempt to blend the image with the background which results in the border issue.
    Looks like it. Can you force it to draw shapes with even pixels?

Are we talking about for website graphics? And if so then I need to move this thread out of graphics and into websites.

The solution is to export your graphics for how you will be using them. You can use snap to grid but that limits you.

This might help. http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...k34/page_5.htm

Are we talking about for website graphics? And if so then I need to move this thread out of graphics and into websites.

The solution is to export your graphics for how you will be using them. You can use snap to grid but that limits you.

This might help. http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...k34/page_5.htm
    Website graphics? No I'm not web designer, I did dabble during the days of xtreme I just can't remember if I had this problem back then, right now I just make things like infographics...

Snap to grid does not solve uneven pixels, I wish there was an option for that, like on/off, that would be great.

Anyway thanks.