Hi,

I need to draw a circle segment with letters distributed near the outer radius, and with lines drawn from the circle center evenly distributed -- as if you cut pieces of the round cake and you want to put one letter into each of the pieces.

The attached image shows the fragments of what should be there (colours will be black and white, but for easy reference...).

How to construct the yellow segment? I did it using a cirle and slicing by lines that goes through the center (twice). However, I cannot change the angle later when needed. Is there any better way? Actually, I draw two concentric circles and the inner one was intended to wrap the text around. Actually third circle was drawn because I do not know how to Fit text to certain portion of the curve (I fit it to the invisible circle and then added spaces to move it to the position -- which is uggly and there should be a better way

So, I have the text with characters and spaces. Some characters are narrow (like "I"), some are wide (like the "CH" which is considered one letter for the purpose). There is 30 of them, in my case. When distributing the letters, I did use spaces and kerning (not nice, but doable). Anyway, because of the "A" being positioned by spaces in front of it and centered on the circle, the whole text is "breathing" when changing at one place. What way you recommend?

I need to draw the lines to "cut" evenly the yellow portion to 30 pieces. In other words, I need 29 lines that will separate the letters, and any two neighbour lines will form the same angle. I tried the star shape to at least mark the points on the outer radius. Anyway, not being able to change the angle of the yellow segment, I cannot do it precisely.

Is there any way to draw more easily (than one by one) the lines from the center to the outer radius?

I have just downloaded Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 16, so the brand new features can be used.

Thank you, and wishing nice Christmas time,
Petr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-12-23_005009.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	122984