Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your Windows license will expire soon

I'm using Xara Designer Pro on my Windows 10 laptop. Everything was working fine but suddenly I started getting this weird "your windows license will expire soon" error in right bottom corner. It's really annoying when I'm working on something important.

How to get rid from it? Is it something with my software?

Default Re: Your Windows license will expire soon

The problem is with Windows OS and not Xara Designer Pro.

If you don't have your activation key, then you can install 'ShowKeyPlus' from the Microsoft Store.
    Use the key to re-activate windows.

NOTE: This is just information I found. I've not had to use ShowKeyPlus to do this. But, at least ShowKeyPlus is from the Windows Store!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I am not positive, but I believe that your message may be a scam/fraud. I don't think your OS EVER expires. I would check your system for possible virus's or malware. I get the same message via my telephone frequently from a computer voice. And it comes up on my caller ID as spam.

Bob

It has something to do with a windows update making this appear on a win system
    Find a solution here

@Bob, I scanned my system few days ago only & uninstalled QuickHeal. I don't keep it installed as it make my system slow. Are you sure that it's because of any kind of virus?

I'm having key and my Windows status was showing activated till few days ago.

I will try & let you know if this guide helps me out in any way.

No, I am not positive that it is caused by a virus. However, 'something' caused the change in your system and I wasn't aware that it could have been caused by a Windows update. Hope you are successful in restoring your system. I know how upsetting things like this can be.

Bob

If anyone is still suffering with this, it isn't malware. If you don't have your product key (email or in the box/card that came with your PC) you can use one of the many free key finders. If you upgraded from Win 7 or 8.1 you can use the original product key. I have found that a lot of my customers with this problem can't activate after adding their product key, an error message saying to try again later is produced when they try to activate. If this is your problem try:

Press and hold the 'Win key' and tap 'r'
    Enter slui.exe 3 into the run box and press 'Enter' (this will open the box to enter your product key and the settings dialog)
    Enter your key, click Next and then Activate

Why this method is different from going through the UI is unknown to me, but it's worked on the few times I've come across this error. On a side note, they've all been upgrades from a previous version of Windows.

A similar thing happened to me once. I didn't know what to do and I was concerned that I would have to pay again for that expensive key. However I've found a solution in the windows 10 reddit key guide.