Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Create Parent Child Pages from already existing Pages

Hey All
    I have say 15 pages created, and they all show up in the main navigation menu and its becoming quiet messy.

I know you can go into the nav menu, and add child pages to parents there, but what I need is to make already created pages childrenof another.

This is very easy in Webplus and Wix where you just drag and drop so it seems like basic functionality.

Default Re: Create Parent Child Pages from already existing Pages

Quote Originally Posted by aaaaaaaahhhhhh View Post
    Hey All
    I have say 15 pages created, and they all show up in the main navigation menu and its becoming quiet messy.
    I know you can go into the nav menu, and add child pages to parents there, but what I need is to make already created pages childrenof another.
    This is very easy in Webplus and Wix where you just drag and drop so it seems like basic functionality.
    You just untick "Site Navigation Bar (automatically links...)" and then add and name any page or other link as you see fit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You can also double click on the Nav Bar to open Navigation Bar Properties and select the pages you do not want to appear on the Nav Bar and delete them. This does not delete the page from the site it just deletes the page from the navigation.

In Navigation Bar Properties, you can click on the + next to any page then double click to add more sub-pages (child pages). Pop-up Menu Style lets you customize (somewhat) the child menus. Click Help in the Navigation Bar Properties menu (or any Xara menu) to see context sensitive information about the functions and options for that selection.

So what we're saying is we cant make already created pages parent pages child pages under another parent?
    You HAVE to create a new page as a child.

No, not at all.

Let's say you have a page called Galleries. And you have separate pages for Photo Gallery, Drawing Gallery, Sculpture Gallery that you want to appear under the Galleries button on the menu.

Click the + next to Galleries in the Navigation Bar Properties menu, and add the three galleries under there. Then these three galleries will appear in a drop down menu when the visitor mouses over or clicks the Galleries button.

Maybe these will help. You can download and open my Child Menus.xar file to see the actual structure of the pages and Navigation Bar Properties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nav Bar Properties.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	122957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nav Bar.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	122958  

Attached Files Attached Files