Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default access the templates?

XARA became a ripoff company.
    When I purchased XARA 365, nowhere did it say that access to templates were temporary. Now I have to pay again to access the templates? I have been using XARA since 7 and purchased the upgrades every year since except when they changed to Magix. They ripped me off.

Default Re: access the templates?

I notice you have been with Talk Graphics since 2012. The furore surrounding the method whereby users may only continue to have access to online features by renewing as and when the current payment period expires, has long been a bone of contention for Xara users and is a continuing subject of debate hereabouts. Some of the comments (have a look around the various areas like Xara Cloud to catch up with the various debates (and rants) regarding this extremely unpopular method of retaining access to stuff that was thought to be freely available). One wonders where you might have been these past few years!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I notice you have been with Talk Graphics since 2012. The furore surrounding the method whereby users may only continue to have access to online features by renewing as and when the current payment period expires, has long been a bone of contention for Xara users and is a continuing subject of debate hereabouts. Some of the comments (have a look around the various areas like Xara Cloud to catch up with the various debates (and rants) regarding this extremely unpopular method of retaining access to stuff that was thought to be freely available). One wonders where you might have been these past few years!
    I would find this a bit hard. Time and again customers of Xara are whammied by the loss of on-line access as Xara was and is not clear in its purchase email or Magix's promotional material if you do not buy in to the non-subscription renewal. TalkGraphics might appear in Xara's 'Online forum' link in a sub-sub-menu but why it then goes to the Graphics Chat forum https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...-graphics-chat) is not clear and is in no way mandatory.

I am more than happy for Xara to hold back its templates. A number are stale anyhow as they do not have variants. Xaratemplates offers a more interesting range, at a cost, but forever available.
    Xara goes even further and lock what I would call basic building blocks, such as its SmartShapes.

The best remediation advise I can offer is in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Service-Cover. Those who read it before expiry of their Update Service cover will gain the most.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The best remediation advise I can offer is in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Service-Cover. Those who read it before expiry of their Update Service cover will gain the most.

Acorn
    But for Gowa and others in the same situation, Acorn's post #28 of that thread might be the most interesting.