Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie with many questions

Really sorry to bother you folks with this. I have a web site I made a few years ago with an early version of Xara. I currently have Xara Web Designer 11 premium, but I've never used it. I mostly use my webspace to host files linked from elsewhere, but I want to go over my public site and update things, change some, add some, etc. All of my files seem to be accessible from my copy of Web Designer. I've never done this before, and don't know the basics of changing things. I'm concerned that I'm going to unintentionally delete files, etc. Is there a basic procedure to updating a site without destroying anything? I've never tried this, and I'm really intimidated. Where do I learn how to do this?

Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: Newbie with many questions

What you can do is use a third party FTP program such as Filezilla and download the current site or archive it in a new folder on the server. Then after you have the old site saved, republish with the changes. If you mess up you can use the previous files to go back to where you were.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Even I had a similar problem once. U can use FTP programs and take backup on new server and republish it.