Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara designer Pro, coloring by brush to fill in black and white drawing, but layers

Does Xara Designer have a "multiply" setting for its Layers like Photoshop does? The multiply setting is for 2 or more Layers, it has something to do with blending the colors by multiplication of each layer.
    https://www.photoshopessentials.com/...odes/multiply/

Also, I'm not sure that is my main problem. Can you explain to me about transparency, using Xara Designer Pro X v16? I've searched this forum and found a post saying that .png files support transparency, and not jpg. So I switched to png, but I have the same problem. What I'm trying to do is color on a layer and have it be seen, without having to solo the layer? I'm pretty new to drawing on Xara Pro and I'm not a photoshop user, but have some experience there. It is from a comics tutorial I chose to learn from, but I am already stuck when the instructor mentions Multiply for a setting on a Layer. Thanks for any help.
    image of instructors screen shot, attached, it shows the black and white lines of all layers and his color is blended thru even though it is not the "top" layer.
    image 2,3,and 4 = the problem I am seeing, it shows that to see what I'm coloring, I have to solo or unhide the "top" layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers_multiply_photoshop.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	122898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers_multiply_xara_designer_pro.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	122899  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers_multiply_xara_designer_pro2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	122900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers_multiply_xara_designer_pro3.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	122901  

Default Re: Xara designer Pro, coloring by brush to fill in black and white drawing, but laye

For the transparency effect: select the object you want to give the multiply effect in the Transparency Tool (the glass icon on the left toolbar) and use the drop-down dialogs 'Transparency Shape' and 'Transparency (Blend) Mode' on the Toolbar at the top of the program window.

I don't fully understand the second part of your post but perhaps the Help file might help: in the menu bar on top, go to Help/Xara Designer Pro Help and select the Content tab/Transparency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Transparency.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	122902  

Wink Re: Xara designer Pro, coloring by brush to fill in black and white drawing, but laye

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    For the transparency effect: select the object you want to give the multiply effect in the Transparency Tool (the glass icon on the left toolbar) and use the drop-down dialogs 'Transparency Shape' and 'Transparency (Blend) Mode' on the Toolbar at the top of the program window.

I don't fully understand the second part of your post but perhaps the Help file might help: in the menu bar on top, go to Help/Xara Designer Pro Help and select the Content tab/Transparency.
    Thank you. Fantastic!

Default Re: Xara designer Pro, coloring by brush to fill in black and white drawing, but laye

Glad to have been of help.

Check out zebtoonz on Youtube to see haow he uses Xara for drawing comics.

Also check out his cheat sheet at http://www.zebtoonz.com/drawing.htm

Hope this helps
    Ray

sweetness, thank you.