Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: new to xarax

I've been using CorelDraw since version 1 and just downloaded the 30 day trial of XaraX. My initial impression is "how did I not know of this product before?". One question... as far as I can see with just a few moments of tinkering, is the only thing that it can't do that Draw does is extrude?... It has bevels, transparencies, shadows, envelopes, blends, contours.. but no extrude?... Thanks,

Glenn
    Glenn

I've been using CorelDraw since version 1 and just downloaded the 30 day trial of XaraX. My initial impression is "how did I not know of this product before?". One question... as far as I can see with just a few moments of tinkering, is the only thing that it can't do that Draw does is extrude?... It has bevels, transparencies, shadows, envelopes, blends, contours.. but no extrude?... Thanks,

Glenn
    Glenn

Glenn, if you go to "search" at the top of this page, and search on "extrusion", there are some messages about using the Xara X Bevel Tool for this purpose.

Extrusion however, is really Xara 3D's forte.

B

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My initial impression is "how did I not know of this product before?". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How indeed, Glenn

Unfortunately Xara does not have the big advertising bucks that Corel has and has to rely on word-of-mouth. But I am happy to say, the word is getting out.

By the way, welcome to the wonderful world of Xara!

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Like you I used CDraw, but only from version 9. Not only did I nearly forget I have CD on my PC because Xara is so much more handy and intuitive (you really wonder why the others had to make it soooo complicated!), but I was shocked when I read what the Canadian Dinosaur did with Xara Studio.

Give yourself a few weeks to get acquainted with this princess amongst drawing apps, and you'll agree with my slogan for Xara:

XARA STEELS YOUR HEART, NOT YOUR WALLET.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary- I thought as part of your recent move to a warmer climate you had given up using the C-word!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>