Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Odd Blending of Variants

In only one of my 80 pages or so I have some strange blending of my narrow and standard page variants.

This shows how it is designed and displayed in Xara... this is my custom 404 page.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot026.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	214.5 KB 
ID:	122886

This shows how it displays in preview or live.

Name:	ScreenShot031.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	122887

Occasionally when viewed it will loose the slider... attach ScreenShot029.

I've attempted to remove the repeating elements from only the narrow variant of the 404 page. That worked but interfered with the slider displaying.

Name:	ScreenShot027.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	122888

Finally... and an issue but not exactly part of the above problem... but part of the page. This page has a .mp3 embedded either w/o controls or hidden under the bowl. Can't remember what I did... but when it played, the controls didn't show. It used to play once on opening during a 404 event. No longer does. Yes, it is a "grand flush". The HTML code shows it being there BUT I can't find anyplace in the menu's that tell me exactly if it's active... or even there. Obviously I'm looking but not seeing or really don't know where to look.

Perhaps the simplest would be to delete this page and recreate BUT first; Any ideas from out there in Xara land?

If I've forgot something... please ask.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot029.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	122885  

Default Re: Odd Blending of Variants

If one of your widgets has its code not terminated properly then the ensuing run on would probably display text and images all together.
    Move all the widgets on the page off the page on both the main and the variants of the page. If that recovers the page, bring back one at a time until it breaks.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Re: Odd Blending of Variants

Acorn,

Thanks for your thoughts. Will give it a deeper look when I return.

Randy