Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fuzz!

Default The Fuzz!

Alright, so in the link below you will see a website that has a picture in the left hand corner. It's a png that I edited in Xara. I exported as as a png and uploaded to this website to work as my avatar for this posting. It's all kinds of fuzzy. I have never had this problem before. When I change the size of the picture to make it smaller and then export again it's even fuzzier. What gives?

https://serato.com/playlists/ikumdo/12-3-18

P.S. In xara the png nor the xar file look fuzzy at all.

Default Re: The Fuzz!

Is this a site you manage or is it a site you participate in? Are other's avatars also fuzzy?

Many sites in order to save disc space down sample images. That is about all I can think of.

Maybe ask the site admin or support.

It's a site that I upload to I do not manage anything but my account. It's still doing it so I don't know what gives. I made a whole new pic and tried it on two different sites. I've attached a screen capture here along with the original files I created, and tried to no avail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturethefuzz.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	122918jessicassoundofthe80s.xarClick image for larger version. 

Name:	jessicassoundofthe80s.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	122920Name:  jessicassound.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  61.0 KB

I think the problem has got something to do with the exporting of the files but what exactly I don't know.

Try uploading a file with a higher resolution, the one the site is using is 235px × 235px (resized at a higher value, that's why the fuzzines).
    Try to create and upload a file al least 720x720 (the maximum size at which the image are shown in the site.

P.S. Sorry only now I've read that yu wanted to use that file as your avatar in this forum, forget what I mentioned before.

In that case probably you should chose an image a little simpler. The one you are using has too many little details that can't be shown at such a small size.

Marco.
    Marco.

I wonder if the image is being changed to Mac resolution which is 72dpi? That would account for the fuzziness.

If that's the problem, How do I fix it? Hmmm, you know, I usually do the uploads from my Mac and this time around I did them from my PC.

I would contact the site admin and explain your issue and ask what resolution they need for the image to be sharp and professional looking.

Iggy, wouldn't the best solution be to upload your xar/web file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, what's up man? So, um, can I upload xar file? I always work in xar and then I export them into something else usually png files. What's crazy is, every time I exported the file into a png file it got fuzzier and fuzzier.