Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Help creating revealing drop down navigation - TRY IT THIS WAY! NO FRUSTRATION!

Welcome to TalkGraphics Danka

I am not clear. Do you want a vertical menu that has sub-menus that fly out to the right (or left)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fly out menu.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	123021  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 25 December 2018 at 07:33 PM.

Default Re: Help creating revealing drop down navigation - TRY IT THIS WAY! NO FRUSTRATION!

Quote Originally Posted by Danka View Post
    Hi Cliff,

regarding the drop down menu in Xara I would like to ask you kindly the following:
    I am wrestling with that problem two months, a few hours daily indeed; I red all available forums, etc. I still dont know if it is possible to create (through layers or in any other way) the vertical collapsible/expandable menu in Xara - for desktop and/or for mobile site.
    Defacto I try to create the same menu as the Content Catalog in Xara Webdesigner Premium uses.
    Please is there any way to create such a menu or I have to forget it resp. use any other software for my website? Thank you very much.
    Danka
    Danka...I believe that all answers to your questions above have been answered in this thread with multiple examples and explanations... have you not read it?
    Have you not downloaded files provide by me and Gary?

The answer is yes, you can create them with the manual 'layer' type method as I have demonstrated... and why I use that type... and others have shown and
    explain what is part of the software menu features... both have advantages, and both have disadvantages...

I think there's even another thread close by here that is also a discussion on menus...

Other than that... that's all I got for you...

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

I mean the same menu as Content Catalog uses in Xara, so sub-menus (after click) open down further sub-menus. And after another click again those sub-menus close. Look only how Content Catalog works in Xara.
    I think that people call it expandable menu, in the direction down. I consider such a style of menu as a very useful/pretty/elegant, etc, especially for the mobile devices. But unfortunately Xara offers only menus which expand right or left by the vertical option menu. Am I right? However I am trying to find solution for that problem through placeholder and inserting html code for that kind of menu. Do you think that way is viable? Thanks.

I mean the same menu as Content Catalog uses in Xara, so sub-menus (after click) open down further sub-menus. And after another click again those sub-menus close. Look only how Content Catalog works in Xara.
    I think that people call it expandable menu, in the direction down. I consider such a style of menu as a very useful/pretty/elegant, etc, especially for the mobile devices. But unfortunately Xara offers only menus which expand right or left by the vertical option menu. Am I right? However I am trying to find solution for that problem through placeholder and inserting html code for that kind of menu. Do you think that way is viable? Thanks.
    Danka... you know what would be nice... helpful? Why don't you find a website that uses the type of menus you'd like to have... then the folks here can 'SEE'... exactly what you're talking about... then...
    you'll find out whether such a thing is possible or not... then... if possible, you can be shown how to create it....

Make sense? Otherwise this conversation will go round and round and never find the 'end'.

Cliff

And I forgot to mention that I read probably almost everything, it means discussions, advices, etc. about that theme. I am a person who reads and tries at first (like now two months) ...and very rare asks because I understand that it might be annoying.
    Cliff, thank you for all your answers and advices.

I remember an example: www.mindmyhouse.com
    I dont know the right name for the menu that this website uses, I thought vertical expandable/collapsible, but probably not right.
    Thanks.

I remember an example: www.mindmyhouse.com
    I dont know the right name for the menu that this website uses, I thought vertical expandable/collapsible, but probably not right.
    Thanks.
    So what am I missing?... No 'drop-down' menus here...

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    So what am I missing?... No 'drop-down' menus here...
    In the less wide view, the slide-in hamburger menu has a vertical accordion with the sub-menu text aligned under the top-level text that has an icon set left of the text.

"mindmyhouse" uses pure CSS.

Xara's vertical NavBars only display sub-menus displaced left or right of the parent; the buttons do not accordion.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

As I said I am not sure about the right name; I am sure that I am looking for the menu style of that website.
    I went through all templates in Context Catalog of Xara Premium, but I didnt find that menu style. On the other side Xara uses that style of menu in their Context Catalog...

I will try further and if I find solution for that menu style in Xara I will publish it because I am sure that I am not alone who look for that menu style. Thank you Cliff.

Acorn, thank you for your explanation. I just wanted to know whether it is possible to create it in Xara. If yes...how.