Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can Xara do this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porch.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	122858 I was wondering if there is a way to remove the gray/white background and make this a transparent background. I find all kind of tutorials on how to use GIMP, PS, and some online converters, but I would much rather use Xara.

Thanks
    Bob
    P&G Designer 15

Default Re: Can Xara do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rivers View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porch.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	122858 I was wondering if there is a way to remove the gray/white background and make this a transparent background. I find all kind of tutorials on how to use GIMP, PS, and some online converters, but I would much rather use Xara.

Thanks
    Bob
    P&G Designer 15
    Bob, this seems to be a screen capture of an original PNG. Why not search for it on the web?

In XDPX, there is an Erase background feature button available when you select the Erase tool.
    It has built-in guidance.

Have a look in P&GD to see if you have one.

Failing that download the trial XDPX and use that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Are these vector shapes? Or is this a bitmap?

What does the original image look like?

If the image is a bitmap with a white background, I would use the Select Colors to Edit and make the white background invisible.

Then using the Shape Tool, create an outline of the image, fill white and send it behind the bitmap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop out.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	122860  

Hi Bob,

It looked familiar so I checked Pixabay. If you don't want to spend time on cleanup, here's the link:
    https://pixabay.com/en/shack-cabin-w...-trees-153462/
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Hi Bob,

It looked familiar so I checked Pixabay. If you don't want to spend time on cleanup, here's the link:
    https://pixabay.com/en/shack-cabin-w...-trees-153462/
    I went there but the image shows the gray/white background but when I download it it's gone. Now I'm really confused.

The image you saw was a PNG with transparency. Here is a TinEye.com search for that image https://tineye.com/search/301d23a7ec...ebcdb87465350/ Seems to be a popular image.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The image you saw was a PNG with transparency. Here is a TinEye.com search for that image https://tineye.com/search/301d23a7ec...ebcdb87465350/ Seems to be a popular image.
    So basically what your saying if it's a true PNG the gray/white background won't show up, but because it was a JPG it stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rivers View Post
    So basically what your saying if it's a true PNG the gray/white background won't show up, but because it was a JPG it stayed.
    Bob, the checkerboard background is added to transparent images on pixabay to show what is transparent and what is not.

Yours looks like an image grab rather than a bona-fide download. Jpgs have no transparency.

Check this Xara file created after importing the original svg artwork.

Log_Shack.zip

Got it gentlemen. Thanks so much.

Bob