Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Publishing problems

Siran - I will check this in a few hours after I have had my coffee and am awake. It will be easy to check because all but one gallery are already set up as layers.

Egg - There are 110 images in all

Siran - Thanks for all this. Maybe Xara's developers can incorporate this into the program?

However, there are a lot of repetitive tasks and I tend to make mistakes with that many steps per painting.

So I think I will continue to create the galleries as sub-folders which works for me. It is also a lot of work but using links to next page and last page automates the process.

@ Siran. Your solution has been copied to my Web Goodies folder. Thanks.

@ Gary. 110 images is an aweful lot of images to load at a single go. I think you're going down the correct path.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, that surely is the right decision.

It's probably my feeble aged mind but I've found a good way to create a template for a gallery template without the pained way of how and when to break out of multiple previous/next loop templates.

I'll post a demo xar file shortly.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's a Demo xar which can be used as a template for multiple sub-folders.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Egg - Without looking at your solution, I suspect we are both on the same page. I created a one page template with the linked next and previous page buttons. The Website and Page settings and titles etc, were entered. The buttons on the nav bar are all linked to the physical addresses on the main site.

Then for each gallery, (I have just completed gallery number 8, one more to go) I duplicated the template page for the number of pages I need. I renamed the individual pages, and copied and pasted the images and captions from the layers I had created.

On the index page I delete the last page button and on the last page of each gallery the next page button links back to the Galleries page on the main site.

I'll finish up in the morning and then post a link to the final site.

Nice tutorial Egg. Took me a while to get it. Must have missed the part when you changed to non-repeating...

Thanks Siran. Yes the must be non repeating. I've always found it a PIA to change a template to break out of a loop. With the two buttons softgrouped it's simple just to flip the bottons from next to break-loop.
    Egg

I just select the last button, stop repeating and link to wherever. And I stop repeating on the first page for the previous page button then delete it.