Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Publishing problems

But do your buttons have a fade animation Gary?
    No. They are set to instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Stranger and stranger ......
    I Really don't understand what's going on here. Firstly the previous/next buttons should work as expected. As they don't you appear to have chosen a workaround. But even here there's still odd behaviour. Both in FF & Chrome scrolling the page triggers the image to revert to the base (first) image. Why?
    Why is the scroll bar loading the first image? Scrolling shouldn't effect what image is displayed ?????
    Egg, you must remember these are Layers.

A click / move of the vertical scrollbar effectively is a click off the layered objects so the return to the MouseOff layer is automatic and normal.

Try it with my testbed file in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...025#post603025.

To get round this you need to use "(lock)" in the layer name and probably popup: open & close for the links [https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...30#post356230].

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

A click / move of the vertical scrollbar effectively is a click off the layered objects so the return to the MouseOff layer is automatic and normal.
    Spot on Acorn. I didn't realise that touching the scroll bar asted the same as a click-off action. Thanks

If I was doing the site I think I'd use subsites with previous/next buttons and call them into a placeholder in the main site.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If I was doing the site I think I'd use subsites with previous/next buttons and call them into a placeholder in the main site.
    That of course makes the most sense and what I would have done had it not been such an unwieldy task in Xara. One of the benefits of NetObjects Fusion, and why I did Mary's site in that program in the beginning is the ease of working with large sites in a hierarchical manner. I thought the layers would be cleaner than adding 110 additional pages.

But when all is said and done I might have to do this. Creating sub sites for each gallery then physically linking back to the main site.

I'll experiment and see if this works. One gallery first to make sure the same problem does not happen if I just continuously click the same spot over and over.

So here is what I have come up with if anybody wants to test and or make suggestions http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/gallery-test/index.htm

Each gallery will be contained in its own sub folder.

I was able to get around the Mouse Down issue by placing a separate free floating button on the MouseOver layer for PAINTING and making this button sticky. So it acts like the page designation. Though I am not happy with what is happening with the nav bar reloading on each page so I might have to ditch this effect.

Also, this might be Xara or it might be Xara.Hosting but every time I change the page the header background and the nav bar redraws. It does not do this in my preview. If this is the case, then what's the point?
    Last edited by gwpriester; 09 December 2018 at 05:04 PM.

There is something seriously wrong with xara.hosting click the link in my previous post then see http://mary-carter.com/flying/

This is going to be a lot of work but this is how I am going to redo the galleries so that they work and can be easily navigated.

The link on the main site (right now just for Flying Falling Floating) goes to a sub folder containing that specific gallery. All the buttons use physical addresses. The next button for the last image in the gallery links back to the main gallery.

The button refresh only happens if you have the main menu within the placeholder. Don't do this & the problem disappears

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just in case someone is still interested.
    I played around with the pop-up method for a while and I think the created code behaves incorrect.
    The Xara code seems to try to record which element on the page the mouse is over and when the mouse is clicked that element is used to trigger an action.
    Unfortunately this seems to not always be the correct element. For example when a pop-up is opened or the mouse cursor is moved outside of the window or over the scrollbar.
    I created an example with some javascript code at the page head that seems to correctly work in V12. Could someone please check it out in V16?
    The rectangles at the top are sticky and should always open the first pop-up of the series (and close potential open pop-ups).
    On each pop-up there is a colored rectangle that should do nothing when clicked, one or two triangles to switch between the elements of the series and a full screen background rectangle that closes the pop-up (leaving none open).
    Please have a look at the comments in the code if you are interested in what is does.

Still I think that the IFRAME solution is the better approach.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That works very well in 16 Siran. I don't pretend to understand the code but it's how I'd like to see pop-ups work natively in Xara.

Like you, I think the placeholder is a better solution as a pop-up solution to accomodate Gary's gallery is approx 9 catogories of approx 5 images per catogory = 45 images which must be loaded on page loading.
    Egg

Thanks for checking Egg!
    The code just compensates the oddities I came across when testing.