Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Info Re: Publishing problems

Gary, I have thrown away the navigation buttons and instead just used the thumbs that are all on the MouseOff layer.

On each layer, I place a transparent Colour Burn of the same Thumb, with any link, to give a sense of location.

Layers Testbed - Copy the Second.xar

Acorn

Default Re: Publishing problems

I have done this here http://www.placitasartists.com/r_nolda/ I will probably have to go this way.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have done this here http://www.placitasartists.com/r_nolda/ I will probably have to go this way.
    Gary, as a viewer, I would prefer a click into the layer rather than a roll-over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK This is not a perfect solution but let me know what you think http://www.mary-carter.com/paintings.html

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK This is not a perfect solution but let me know what you think http://www.mary-carter.com/paintings.html
    Gary, better, the web issues are now not getting in the way. I feel I am in control.

The coloured buttons are a nice touchs. Perhaps add the picture title to them?
    The right-pointing arrow needs to be felt-pointing to indicate a return to the home page.
    The muted colour roll-over is very effective.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Stranger and stranger ......

I Really don't understand what's going on here. Firstly the previous/next buttons should work as expected. As they don't you appear to have chosen a workaround. But even here there's still odd behaviour. Both in FF & Chrome scrolling the page triggers the image to revert to the base (first) image. Why?

Why is the scroll bar loading the first image? Scrolling shouldn't effect what image is displayed ?????

Last edited by gwpriester; 07 December 2018 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Oops
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, you're editing my post, not replying to it
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

PERHAPS ... Is it the animation settings on the buttons? I've always believed the animation should be be None (Instant) by default and NOT Fade.
    Egg

I had meant to post:

I think this has to do with not clicking directly on the button. And the close popup automatically option is enabled. It's not a perfect world.

I have asked Xara for an answer or suggestions and nothing has been forthcoming.

There is no animation except the default animation, Egg.

But do your buttons have a fade animation Gary?
    Egg