Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Publishing problems

Gary, cannot currently check as there are no published painting pages.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hit Ctrl F5 a few times in the Paintings.

I made some changes including changing the index file to index.html to export with that extension. I also changed the navigation bar a few times and made the header extend full width.

Info Re: Publishing problems

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hit Ctrl F5 a few times in the Paintings.
    I made some changes including changing the index file to index.html to export with that extension. I also changed the navigation bar a few times and made the header extend full width.
    Cheers Gary, I cleared my cache.

I am getting what you are experiencing so I am in the process of an approach I would use.

Layers Testbed - Copy.xar

The extra Thumbs on the Layers can be deleted.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure what you have done here Acorn and how it is different from what I have. Please explain. I'm sloooow.

Sorry, missed this thread but it's showing the same behaviour as Gary's similar issue thread. Acorn, your example displays this similar click not always opening the next image, either requireing a second click or a click off the target button ????
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Bug Re: Publishing problems

That is good to hear that it is failing when others use it.
    I find it works perfectly in the Xara Preview and fails in all live browsers except IE.

I was then going to test using popup: open & close, but it looks like there is no need.

Definitely one for Xara.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure what you have done here Acorn and how it is different from what I have. Please explain. I'm sloooow.
    I don't have your design file so it is hard to tell how you built your layers up.
    I used my testbed as a check and so I am pleased I read your mind.

Perhaps you can move this Thread to Dear Xara and highlight my testbed example.
    This aberrant behaviour has been around for a lot of versions but this is the first time I think it has been properly nailed down.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I don't have your design file so it is hard to tell how you built your layers up.
    I used my testbed as a check and so I am pleased I read your mind.
    Perhaps you can move this Thread to Dear Xara and highlight my testbed example.
    This aberrant behaviour has been around for a lot of versions but this is the first time I think it has been properly nailed down.
    Acorn
    Thinking it through, i believe the prblem arises in that the pointer is still in a state of mousedown on the calling layer that the button is on.
    If, as in my design, the called layer button is not yet in focus and so a click again is actual invoking the same calling layer button to open the already open layer (the double tap syndrome).

Acorn

I think you are right Acorn. My layer structure is quite simple and direct. The button links specifically to the next layer, the final image button links back to the Paintings page.

There are two ways I can work around this, neither is simple and elegant as what I have.

1. Center the buttons vertically with each image. This way the target moves with each image. This should work but the moving buttons is a distraction.
    2. ditch the next, last arrow buttons in favor of a small row of icons across the top of the page that link via animation to the layers.

I'll work on these today. My main concern was getting the new site up quickly to replace the NetObjects designed site which I can no longer access through NetObjects. This is a blessing in many ways because it forced me to do something I had wanted to do for a long time but did not have the motivation to tackle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layer structure.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	122820  

And I have moved this thread to Dear Xara.