Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Publishing problems

The button refresh only happens if you have the main menu within the placeholder. Don't do this & the problem disappears

DEMO
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just in case someone is still interested.
    I played around with the pop-up method for a while and I think the created code behaves incorrect.
    The Xara code seems to try to record which element on the page the mouse is over and when the mouse is clicked that element is used to trigger an action.
    Unfortunately this seems to not always be the correct element. For example when a pop-up is opened or the mouse cursor is moved outside of the window or over the scrollbar.
    I created an example with some javascript code at the page head that seems to correctly work in V12. Could someone please check it out in V16?
    The rectangles at the top are sticky and should always open the first pop-up of the series (and close potential open pop-ups).
    On each pop-up there is a colored rectangle that should do nothing when clicked, one or two triangles to switch between the elements of the series and a full screen background rectangle that closes the pop-up (leaving none open).
    Please have a look at the comments in the code if you are interested in what is does.

Still I think that the IFRAME solution is the better approach.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That works very well in 16 Siran. I don't pretend to understand the code but it's how I'd like to see pop-ups work natively in Xara.

Like you, I think the placeholder is a better solution as a pop-up solution to accomodate Gary's gallery is approx 9 catogories of approx 5 images per catogory = 45 images which must be loaded on page loading.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for checking Egg!
    The code just compensates the oddities I came across when testing.

Siran - I will check this in a few hours after I have had my coffee and am awake. It will be easy to check because all but one gallery are already set up as layers.

Egg - There are 110 images in all

Siran - Thanks for all this. Maybe Xara's developers can incorporate this into the program?

However, there are a lot of repetitive tasks and I tend to make mistakes with that many steps per painting.

So I think I will continue to create the galleries as sub-folders which works for me. It is also a lot of work but using links to next page and last page automates the process.

@ Siran. Your solution has been copied to my Web Goodies folder. Thanks.

@ Gary. 110 images is an aweful lot of images to load at a single go. I think you're going down the correct path.
    Egg