Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Why Have a Blog

Threaded View

Default Why Have a Blog

Hi, I'm very new to the forum and interested in some expert views on this subject. I have a website built on Xara and we have created a BLOG page https://www.t2diabetesreversal.com.au/blog.htm which entails republishing the site after adding new content to the blog page, which is no problem for me.

My reason for having the blog is to attract traffic to the site as part of my SEO work and to have a handy reference point of relevant articles that will answer common questions we receive. I understand that search engines like fresh original content. I dont want to have to moderate or reply as the admin time required will get out of hand, so not wanting it to be interactive. Of course, articles will be hard to find after a while and will involve scrolling down the blog page. (after a few years it could be a very long page) Any views as to whether this will achieve what I'm after or am I better off to setup a separate Wordpress blog externally to the site, with a link in the xara site and then a link back from the WP blog. I hate the thought of more admin though. perhaps google will penalise me for the xara blog page approach. Any views on all this would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
    Last edited by jackb; 03 December 2018 at 11:17 PM.