Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Amazon KDP Publishing

Amazon.com has wrapped CreateSpace into a new group, KDP Publishinig.

Apparently they have updated their publishing process for print books.

I submitted an updated cover design for my wife's latest book and made one change to the internal text to correct a typo. The file uploading and pre-proofing now takes about 20 minutes which is a lot longer than before. But also more automated and thorough.

However less than 24 hours later I was informed that the changes have been made and the revised book is now available on Amazon.com showing the cover change and revised description.

In the past this process took several days.

Default Re: Amazon KDP Publishing

I have done the Create Space route before on a project.

It really is amazing what print on demand has become compared to 20 years ago and the process it took to get something to print. I can understand why publishers back then were very selective of what they published.

Ray

Help?! I've used my Xara Designer Pro X9 for prepress to an outside book printer before, but now I'd like to use KDP Print. I'm confused by their Word template (for 6x9) that appears to show a 1" left margin and a ½" right margin. I've got my current effort centered on a letter sized page with guidelines set for 3/4" margins, crop marks for trim, etc. I do not use/have/want Word. I love Xara and have had excellent results with the print books I've done with it. Especially the covers! Any tips? thanks very much! ~Helen~
    Helen (Xara Designer Pro X9)
    www.pinpubstudio.com

Hi Helen

Do your book in Xara and export as a PDF. Determine before you get too far how many pages you have and adjust your inner margins accordingly. I just finished a 266 page young persons book for a client and it turned out fine. I centered the text on the page and had .7" margins inside and out. I exported as PDF/X4 and everything worked fine.