Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PDF Hyperlinks

Default PDF Hyperlinks

Can someone please verify this of me. I have created XAR that hyperlinks to quite a few manufacturer websites that we us in our construction projects. I'm using XP&GD 16.0.0.55306

The help files state:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.11.27_13h56m32s_001.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	122760

However, NONE of the PDF links appear to actually work.

I also enclose the relevant XAR. Is this a bug or something that I've done (or not done).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: PDF Hyperlinks

Should work, Keith.

Make sure you are not using a PDF/X export of any type. Make sure the checkbox on the Object Tab is checked.

What PDF reader are you using? If not in Adobe Reader or another stand-alone reader, do check in Adobe Reader.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Mike.

I was using the Commercial printing export ... Perhaps that was my problem. Using the standard high quality export it looks fine, and seems to work. Slightly gun shy as the last time I used High quality it changed my Wingdings font characters, and I was advised (by Xara) to use the Commercial Printing export.

Obviously pilot error as usual ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You're most welcome.

One can always use the Custom settings...I never use the canned ones myself.

Hyperlinks are not allowed in PDF/X flavor PDFs by specification. This is why they don't work with the Commercial export as it is a PDF/X flavor of PDF.