Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Nevermind… Definitely my error! Now just have to figure out how to delete the "Calories Burned (English)" option as its not accurate whatsoever... But now I'm rambling! Thank you for your help again, Egg and Acorn (:

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

There are few areas that can be tweaked.

Your Height is missing its units of feet and inches.

REE?

Your responsive view has its fields dimensioned too wide and the Placeholder is not deep enough.

Entering a weight in lbs and then switching to kgs does not truncate the result so you get a very long, unprofessional, value.

I don't know why "wt1=wt/2.2"; is less accurate than the value used in "var r2 = (10 * wt*2.2046) + (6.25 * ht) - (5 * a)-161;".

Have you sorted out filling your r2 field (Calories/day)?

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 27 November 2018 at 06:43 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

PM
    graphics097, for what it's worth, as a user of such a calculator, I would prefer it to be interactive.

Calorie Needs Calculator.xar is a widget of sorts that uses Range Sliders as a proof of concept.
    It does not fully work in the Xara Preview so open into your preferred browser.

It does not do the full calculation (Gender and calories) but it automatically handles metric and imperial measurements.

It needs CSS styling.

The HTML is readable and I hope understandable.

It would be a useful project for any TGer to complete.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I like Acorns range sliders.

I did a search on Stack Overflow and came up with a very simple form. Weight & Height only.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Lightbulb Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

I have added the final calculation, probably for a Male.
    The OP needs to advise.

I have added slider CSS to the page and layout CSS to the Placeholder.

CSS3 - Calorie Needs Calculator.xar

Acorn

Like that Acorn, but should the result be a bmi or calories or boyh?

I like this one as a good example. It tends more towards the British values (I've no idea my height in inches [but I can work this out] but I've no idea of my weight in Pounds, only in Stones & Pounds)

EXAMPLE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Like that Acorn, but should the result be a bmi or calories or boyh?
    I like this one as a good example. It tends more towards the British values (I've no idea my height in inches [but I can work this out] but I've no idea of my weight in Pounds, only in Stones & Pounds)
    EXAMPLE
    Sorry Egg, I am not trying to solve a BMI or Calorie calculator, I was pointing out to the OP that sliders, in such cases, are much more valuable as they afford "what if" solutions - " What if I were 5 years younger?" - Age slider - "Gosh, hardly matters!" and so on.

If I build it fully, someone will come along and ask for the third full stop to be Gothic Red.

The OP presented kg/lbs and cm/inches. It is not difficult to include st - lbs and ft - inches but in doing so I am probably validating a calculation that may or may not be right, c.f., the original code used 2.2 as a conversion from kg to lbs, which was different elsewhere.

There are 14 lbs in a stone; 8 stone in a hundredweight and 20 hundredweight in a ton. So I clock in at one hundredweight, one stone and 13 pounds.
    In Germany, I used to get market vegetables in Pfund (pounds) at the time the UK was prosecuting vendors using imperial measures.
    When stuck, most use on-line calculators - "139 pounds in stones and pounds" - https://stonetopounds.com/139-pounds-in-stone.

Acorn

I don't know if this will be of any help... but I too needed link to a calculator from a site... but just a simple calc...

I gave up on widgets and coded stuff. Why? Because I'm totally retarded when it comes to such things... so...

I just did my simple calculator in Excel which allows you to embed it into a site.... took the embed code it provided, put it in a 'placeholder',
    played around with sizes and such... and bam!... there it is!

Got the job done... Now I'm sure If you're any good at Excel, you can create a pretty sophisticated calculator.

HERE IT IS...

cmpan1 - great idea
    The table must be editable online.
    Last edited by Spamiky; 02 December 2018 at 11:50 AM.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    I don't know if this will be of any help... but I too needed link to a calculator from a site... but just a simple calc...

I gave up on widgets and coded stuff. Why? Because I'm totally retarded when it comes to such things... so...

I just did my simple calculator in Excel which allows you to embed it into a site.... took the embed code it provided, put it in a 'placeholder',
    played around with sizes and such... and bam!... there it is!

Got the job done... Now I'm sure If you're any good at Excel, you can create a pretty sophisticated calculator.

HERE IT IS...
    It has its place but fails on handling button triggers and radio buttons. In your example, you do need to block entries into the formula fields.

It does require a properly licensed copy of Excel. The Excel code is horrendous. You need to keep a master Excel version available for changes.

Google Sheets or Google Forms might be a better start point.

Acorn