Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Hello,

I am trying to create a calculator on my website. I purchased the .html, .css, and .js files for the calculator that I want to put on my website, but now I am utterly confused as to how to incorporate more than simply the .html file onto my website to create a fully functioning calculator.

I can give you a link to my website so you can get a better idea of what I am trying to achieve if that helps. Anyone willing to guide me through this process, and/or refer me to a good tutorial to figure out how to make my calculator function? I am so confused right now and would appreciate any help that you can offer. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Welcome to TalkGraphics - Check back because one of the members will certainly have an answer or suggestion.

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics - Check back because one of the members will certainly have an answer or suggestion.
    Thank you- I appreciate it!

Acorn or Egg will know better, but I think you need to copy sections of the HTML and paste them into a placeholder (see Help > Placeholder Objects) and then place the CSS and JS files into the main folder index_html_files folder. Acorn? Egg?

Sorry that you paid for a calculator in the first place.

The .html file will probably end up as a DIV tag with an ID that is added as Body code to a shape (rectangle) Placeholder.
    The .css and .js would go into the Page Head code. These would require wrapping tags of <style>...</style> for the CSS and <script>...</script> for the JavaScript.

Look at Egg's example in this: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...55-calculator; it's not what it done but where things go.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Glad you found that Acorn, I'd forgotten all about that
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sorry that you paid for a calculator in the first place.

The .html file will probably end up as a DIV tag with an ID that is added as Body code to a shape (rectangle) Placeholder.
    The .css and .js would go into the Page Head code. These would require wrapping tags of <style>...</style> for the CSS and <script>...</script> for the JavaScript.

Look at Egg's example in this: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...55-calculator; it's not what it done but where things go.

Acorn
    Thank you, Acorn! That example actually helps me a lot. Forgive my ignorance, but I have one last problem: I am unable to open the JavaScript file to read (& then copy and paste) the coding inside it. Are there any free programs that I can download to read .js files that you would recommend?

You're the best- I really appreciate your help (:

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Glad you found that Acorn, I'd forgotten all about that
    Glad Acorn found it too! Thank you, Egg. In regards to my latest reply to Acorn, do you have any suggestions for what to use to read a .js file? Again, please forgive me as a newbie to all this!

Quote Originally Posted by graphics097 View Post
    Glad Acorn found it too! Thank you, Egg. In regards to my latest reply to Acorn, do you have any suggestions for what to use to read a .js file? Again, please forgive me as a newbie to all this!
    Window's Notepad is all you need. Open it and drag and drop the file onto the pane.

It should be readable. If so, note any copyright statements.
    If not, it may be minified. You might then use https://unminify.com/ to unminify it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Window's Notepad is all you need. Open it and drag and drop the file onto the pane.

It should be readable. If so, note any copyright statements.
    If not, it may be minified. You might then use https://unminify.com/ to unminify it.

Acorn
    I wish I could've paid you two, instead. Your help has been invaluable, and I can't express how appreciative I am! I did what you both advised, and the calculator is *almost* working... Except it won't do the final calculation. May be due to my own error or the coding they gave me--which one it is I am not sure. MSJE calc.web