Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It has its place but fails on handling button triggers and radio buttons. In your example, you do need to block entries into the formula fields.

It does require a properly licensed copy of Excel. The Excel code is horrendous. You need to keep a master Excel version available for changes.

Google Sheets or Google Forms might be a better start point.

Acorn
    Acorn... it just is, what it is... and serves its simple, desired purpose.

• A free MS account (just like Google) gets one the online Excel "licensed copy" which can generate embed codes.
    • Don't care much about, nor think about "The Excel code" LOL.... All parties like it... so, success! (I've been told, more than once by coders the Xara's code is horrendous) And I just laugh.
    • and wouldn't I need to keep the Google Sheets or Forms available also for changes?

Like I said... it's just a simple thing that serves the purpose—without getting to deep into thought... and tearing it up for faults... (even if true) Gets the job done... (gets me paid)

Thanks!
    Cliff

Default Re: Incorporating .HTML , .CSS, and .JS into widget to create working calculator

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Acorn... it just is, what it is... and serves its simple, desired purpose.

• A free MS account (just like Google) gets one the online Excel "licensed copy" which can generate embed codes.
    • Don't care much about, nor think about "The Excel code" LOL.... All parties like it... so, success! (I've been told, more than once by coders the Xara's code is horrendous) And I just laugh.
    • and wouldn't I need to keep the Google Sheets or Forms available also for changes?

Like I said... it's just a simple thing that serves the purpose—without getting to deep into thought... and tearing it up for faults... (even if true) Gets the job done... (gets me paid)
    Thanks!
    Cliff
    Cliff, I appreciate the rebuttal. I didn't know about the free on-line Excel. If it is on-line then you have a master copy as in Google Forms for editing/updating.
    I have developed professionally with Excel and I would not use such a powerful tool in the wrong place; it is all down to a definition of "simple" - design/develop/explain/support/use/present.

As you say, in the end, it's if it is liked (and the money).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cliff, I appreciate the rebuttal. I didn't know about the free on-line Excel. If it is on-line then you have a master copy as in Google Forms for editing/updating.
    I have developed professionally with Excel and I would not use such a powerful tool in the wrong place; it is all down to a definition of "simple" - design/develop/explain/support/use/present.

As you say, in the end, it's if it is liked (and the money).

Acorn
    Hi Acorn... for me it is all down to a definition of "simple"... because "simple" is all I could do... LOL
    Sometimes it's frustrating not being a tech person because we really don't know the most efficient/better way to do something.
    So we... I... live a computer life of 'work-arounds', 'shortcuts', etc.

And yes, it has it major limitations in that we... I... have a ceiling on what we can do. But at my age... I'm stuck with it...

And BTW, you...(and some of the other veterans) have been over a long period of time been SUCH A MAJOR help to me... I've been trolling your posts for a long time... LOL

Thanks Acorn!

Cliff

Cliff, keep on trolling! (My dog trills when excited)

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So we... I... live a computer life of 'work-arounds', 'shortcuts', etc.
    Ditto here Cliff.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Ditto here Cliff.
    Egg... you sir, are waaaaaayyyyyy to modest.... but thanks.

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)