Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Check out this product. I imagine its developer has made a few bucks and had some fun.

Regards, Ross

Check out this product. I imagine its developer has made a few bucks and had some fun.

Regards, Ross

haha, good one Ross...

I bought one of these things and can report that it works as intended. The key point is "as intended". I didn't read all the manufacturer's instructions and made a stupid and costly error. I was camping at a National Park and had mounted the device to the hitch. Fine. The problem started when my wife asked me to go buy some propane cannisters so, of course, what happened next is all her fault. I drove to the Park's store without removing the toilet. That was a very BIG mistake! Everything was fine until I passed over a speedbump at the entrance to the camping area. The bag scraped the asphalt and it made a small hole in the bag which let a small stream of urine follow me up the road. I was proceeding happily down the road when the Park Rangers approached me from behind with their cop lights flashing - they pulled me over. We all got out of the car to inspect the toilet. Yikes! With the rough ride of the truck the whole bottom of the bag had broken out and it no longer had contents. The beautiful park was desecrated.

To make a long story short: They had me trace my route on foot and clean up all solid wastes. That took me six hours and they followed me in their cruiser all the way to make sure I did a complete job. They also made me pay $897 to have a special truck brought in to clean the road of the little stream of urine that stretched intermittantly for two miles. They had to clean it that day because they said that the grizzley bears who'd normally cross the road likely would not do so with the urine "fence" down the road. The rangers' fear was that, rather than cross the road, the bears would follow the road right back to the populated camping area.

I regret that day! Good thing it never really happened. ;^)

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on January 25, 2003 at 19:27.]

You really need to sit down and write a book there Ross... your story was simply captivating, my wife had a terrific chuckle over this one...hahaha

Too funny Ross!!!

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I don't have the tail gate potty but I really did invent this years ago and still have it.

We used to go camping a lot and 99% of the time I was the only female in the group and discretely watering much less ferterlizing a tree was a non option unless I hiked far away from the camp. Unfortunately once even though I thought I was way off the beaten track here came an entire family coming along a trail from the opposite direction.

So I came up with this, it takes up zilch room in the trunk or back of the SUV.

Judi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	privacy.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	14012