Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NetObjects Fusion no longer works

I have a copy of NetObjects Fusion 12 that I use to maintain my wife's painting website. Mary's is the last site still in NOF because I have been putting off doing a new site.

Today when I tried to open NetObjects it would not open. I downloaded a patch and that does not work.

It shows under processes running and seems to be using system resources but no program.

Does anybody know what is going on here?

Default Re: NetObjects Fusion no longer works

one thing you can check in win10 Task Manager:

right click on the process entry on process tab then click on 'go to details' which will take you to the process, then right click again and click on 'analyse wait chain' and see if anything is there that might be preventing the program from running correctly

some programs have multiple processes running, in which case you will need to expand the process entry first and check each one in turn..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Daniel Will Harris who first introduced me to NOF eons ago thinks it might be Java related. At any rate I have removed NetObjects from my computer and my wife's site is long overdue for a redesign. (The shoemaker's kids... etc.)

A sad day.

I was stunned when I came across this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Designing-Bus...ustomerReviews

I still have it.

I too was a netobjects fusion user, but became increasingly worried by the number of people ending up with corrupt design files and slow performance as sites grew larger.

It's sad when software that inspired me so much via the book seems to be on it's very last legs right now.

I just checked my Netobjects Fusion 12 which I have on my computer, and it also won't open.
    However, I also have a copy of NOF 15 which I received from my website host as a free benefit, and it still opens fine.
    Sadly, NOF hasn't been updated in years it seems and their templates are so dated.
    In my opinion it would be better to move on to some other program that has kept in step with the times.

The NOF winner for me was always the site mapper.

@Xara - so logical to have a tree structure and publish to sub-folders.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The NOF winner for me was always the site mapper.
    Totally agree. That is why I used it for large sites.