Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publish Doesn't Finish

I publish using the "changed only" option using FTP to a non-XARA site. Whenever I publish, the process goes to around 95% completion and hangs there. I eventually use the "Stop Upload" button to end the process.

Does this normally happen, or is there something wrong on my end?

Default Re: Publish Doesn't Finish

First thing I'd check is that you're running Xara under "Run as Administrator" . You only need to do this once.

I publish using the "changed only" option using FTP to a non-XARA site.
    Not understanding this at all?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16GB Ram + 232 GB SSD
    Xara Designer Pro X 16

If you haven't tried it yet, a third party ftp program like FileZilla might help (assuming you are using the Xara built in uploader).

Quote Originally Posted by bkjohns View Post
    If you haven't tried it yet, a third party ftp program like FileZilla might help (assuming you are using the Xara built in uploader).
    How would a 3rd party FTP program know which files to send?

Changing to "run as Administrator" didn't help. Also, even though I tell it to only update changed files, it does a bunch of processing anyhow and appears to be uploading unchanged files. E.g. I just tried it after not having changed any files, and it still does a lot of processing and updating of files.

Quote Originally Posted by harryd View Post
    How would a 3rd party FTP program know which files to send?
    In Filezilla (and most others I would guess) you can sort the files to upload by date/time and then choose only those most current to upload to the host. Xara doesn't change the date/time on files that it doesn't need to when published to html, so this approach works fine. FileZilla's file handling looks and functions very similar to Windows so it should be familiar to you. Again, most 3rd party ftp programs should be similar in function. (I use FZ, so that is why I mention it here)

Ok. got it, thanks
    Last edited by harryd; 29 November 2018 at 08:46 AM.