Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can't insert anything from pixabay

Egg,the link was a bad copy paste. That link is too old anyway and has expired as it seems they are ge erated rather than literal. Anyway, the latter posted li k is of a Chem set and loads for me in a browser, which is how I know i am not just blocking the URL, but it fails and produces the error when trying to load it via the Xara program ui.

The error hrState=800c0008 directly translates from the error code list as "The download has failed (the connection was interrupted)." (this list is from the IE API)

Unfortunately it's somewhat generic and could mean anything from something blocking the connection to mis-configured IE settings.

I would suggest firstly closing Xara if it is open and ensuring IE is up to date, then possibly reset back to default settings (Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset).

Try downloading again, if it still fails, try booting in safe mode with networking (instructions below). Try again there, that would very quickly tell us if it's a problem with a service or another program running whilst it's booted normally or whether the problem is external to your PC (such as a firewall in a router):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...c-in-safe-mode

Please let me know if you get stuck at the above.

Thanks
    Rob

Rob, Thank you for your reply. Apparently it was the "reset of Internet Explorer". I did a full, reset everything on it. I don't even use IE. In fact, for quite some time within this particular Windows 10 build, I had taken it out of the installed options as an installed Windows feature. The settings I had in there are stock, as I don't even have a shortcut to launch it because I use it so infrequently.

Shame that the Xara application is still tied so tightly to it.

End of the story. My issue is fixed. Great that two Xara responses in the non-official support channel fixed the problem in a matter of two days when Magix was unable to even come up with a suggestion like this in two months.

Thanks again!

Great to hear you've sorted it Slavelle!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The IE API get's a lot of hate but does actually work well for the vast majority of cases and has a lot of support. It'd probably would be a lot more buggy if we wrote something ourselves.

So now it is just curiosity. I wonder which setting was jacked up! Maybe one of the tls changes? I will never know, UT as the owner of an it support company, it is always difficult to accept the o e button fixes.

Anyway, for Google, here is some food: Xara pixabay download does not work clear internet explorer settings. Not just the cache and cookies. Reset ie settings.