Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't insert anything from pixabay

Reluctantly, I renewed my two Xara licenses because my business partner and I don't have the bandwidth to learn a different program and change our methods for doing website mockups.

One reason I went ahead was for the convenience of inserting pixabay images for those mockups from directly inside Xara.

On one pc... The main one, of course... it doesn't work, just giving me an error that the image cannot be downloaded.

I opened a ticket with xara/Magix back on October 1 but I have yet to get a solution. They have given me ideas, most of which I had already done, but nothing works.

I have Uninstalled, deactivated, deleted all of the folders and files, used revo uninstaller to get any remainders, restarted in safe mode, run as administrator, removed Antivirus, gone directly to pixabay and downloaded from there successfully, and many other things.

The other non pixabay content works. It is only the stock photos and illustrations that don't.

As many times as I have done all of these things, I have never gotten the pop-up when trying to insert one of those images asking me to accept the pixabay eula again. I got it once initially where I accepted it, but not again. Is there some kind of way to reset this eula so I get prompted again?

It feels like a permissions issue of some kind. I am two months into my 12 month subscription but still cannot use one of the features I paid for the upgrade to use.

Any ideas on what else I can do?

Default Re: Can't insert anything from pixabay

Go direct to Pixabay. I use a ton of content from them and prefer going direct because they also have more to select from on their site. I know that is a slight inconvenience but it works.

For just these problems, I created a simple page that i keep running.
    See https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...200#post592200.

One Previews it and uses whatever approach to download and open and image or illustration direct from Pixabay.
    It doesn't require a current Update Service either.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for that tip, Acorn. I might look into that method.

In the meantime, does anyone know where the EULA acceptance is for the Pixabay service? It seems that a full uninstall and re-install would force me to accept it again, but it doesn't. Since the issue feels like a permissions problem, I am leaning on the Pixabay EULA.

Especially considering the following entries from the log file that I produced and provided to Xara as a part of this troubleshooting (that I hope will help others with the same issue, since it does seem to crop up here and again):

00000386 14.74761581 [17528] >> The server value for 'versionValid' is 'true'
    00000387 14.84964275 [17528] >> AttemptConnection = 1
    00000388 14.84975433 [17528] >> The server value for 'pugdate' is '2019-10-01'
    00000389 42.69224167 [17528] >> Downloading file URL=https://pixabay.com/get/ef36b50a2ff61c3e81584506ef454097fe76e7d610b7134896 f3c1.jpg
    00000390 43.36935043 [17528] >> Error hrState=800c0008 URL=https://pixabay.com/get/ef36b50a2ff61c3e81584506ef454097fe76e7d610b7134896 f3c1.jpg
    00000391 43.47173691 [17528] >> AttemptConnection = 1
    00000392 50.12966156 [12664] AuthenticationRequest destroyed

Pretty obviously seems like an authentication issue from inside of Xara. I can go directly to that Pixabay link and it works fine to show me the image. It is only through Xara that I can't get it.

I appreciate the workaround suggestions and the alternate solutions, but I'd prefer this to work correctly as I'm sure others would as well.

Dear Xara - This ticket has been ongoing since October 1. It shouldn't take 7 weeks to get to a non-answer. I sent a further follow up last Thursday and still have no response other than the bot telling me thanks for the update.

You need to fix this issue and you need to fix your support. Especially if you expect to get people to "buy in" to a subscription service. I wasn't going to, then did, with the expectation that I would be able to use the features that are not available outside of the Service period. And I can't. I know that this particular one might seem petty, but it's part of why I renewed.

Can someone from Xara please look at this request? It has been another week since I heard anything back from support. I understand that this isn't a support forum, per se, but the official support channel is clearly not working with an almost 2 month old ticket and replies that seem to happen 1 time per week at best.

Xara support. Please check your support system.
    Kate or anyone... Please look into this. At this point it is a matter of principal.

I suspect that part of the support issue is that xara does not do support anymore for the desktop programs, it's done by magix; xara can chase magix, but that's all they can do

they are, and have made a point of saying, seperate companies

this is not a magix forum.. so it is no longer a direct line to support
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Slavelle,

Sorry about the bad support, or lack of support you're recieving, I'm sure there is an innocent reason for this. Can you post your support reference and I'll chase this up with Magix and find out why.

Handrawn is correct with his comment "this is not a magix forum.. so it is no longer a direct line to support", but I'm going to go completely against this and offer support here anyway, but for all other support please continue to use the direct line to support, Magix - https://www.magix.com/us/support/

Slavelle you're thinking it might be EULA related, so let's try that whilst I follow up on your support tickets. To reset the EULA acceptance popup.
    1. You need to open Internet Explorer (whilst you're there can you check what version of IE you have and if possible, update it).
    2. Then press Ctrl + Shift + Del, or go to the top right corner cog and select Safety > delete browsing history.
    3. Ensure the option "Cookies and website data" is ticked.
    4. Press Delete.

Now when you next use Pixabay from inside Xara, it'll popup.
    Many thanks,
    Ben

Ben,

Thanks for stepping up!

The Magix case number is this: Ticket#2018100117007186

I guess the EULA isn't the issue. I did the IE clear out, got the popup from Xara for acceptance, but the issue still persists.
    IE is on version 11.407.17134.0, with Update versions 11.0.95 from KB4466536, which is November 13, 2018

To further the note about the diagnostic output from above, since Xara is apparently using IE for access, I regenerated the URL by running the diagnostic again and went directly via IE to the URL https://pixabay.com/get/eb34b60f2cf5...14499cf6c1.jpg that is being accessed through the Xara program and failing. I successfully got the image in the browser. The same image fails in Xara.

Thanks again for taking a look into whatever is preventing Magix from "handling this correctly". I look forward to your response.

I don't know exactly what the importance of the above image link is Slavelle but I can load it fine in Xara if I do an image search for "Chemistry".

I don't pretend to understand your problem but one thing I've noticed is within your log file the jpg url contains a space ???

.... 0b7134896 f3c1.jpg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host