Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: need help making light rays and glow

The clipped shape was only there to export the image in a rectangular format for the .jpg image.

At very large sizes like this I think you're better off avoiding feathers etc. You're better off using blends between 99% transparent to 98% transparent with approx 50 step blends.

Here is a 96 inch example:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Why not try a Gaussian blur., I used a black irregulars image but hopefully you can do the same with your Oz image. I like Acorn's approach to making the rays, but if you do something similar make sure you select all the rays and background and apply a Clipview before you place your glow and image on top.
    Do you want your rays slightly lighter than the glow? Looks like you do.
    Here is a png and a xar file so you can see whit I am thinking. The xar you can take apart and hopefully see what I did using the xar you submitted. Perhaps I made the glow area to large how big you want it is up to you. I used your xar to do this.
    Hope this helps a little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	122698

example for glow irregular shape.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes Larry that works at a small image size but if you increase the image to 96 inches the Blur becomes zero It might work if you increase the FX resolution to an extremely large size.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, I didn't know that, sorry for my ignorance.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.