Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magix Connect

Default Re: Magix Connect

Magix connect is an option like the old simpliclean in any of the Magix programs (and non-English versions of Xara).

It pops up to show ads on your computer for Magix products, and can be uninstalled through the normal windows control panel procedure.

I've seen lots of complaints about it. Would love for marketing to spend a week in support.

LOL!!!

Rob,
    I don’t know if you meant that to be funny but it was.

I sympathize with your predicament.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

As I mentioned at #9, I keep Magix Connect. I guess that due to many complaints, Magix has just changed the way that Magix Connect is installed. Yesterday, this popped up on my screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magix Connect Agree and Install.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	122684
    When I ran it, it uninstalled the existing one and replaced it.

I think that this is what we'll see in the future, a request to install.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

magic connect has been on my system since I installed Music Maker last year and I have not so far seen any such notice

as far as MM goes, it is a waste of time for me, it has never given me anything useful that I could not have determined from within the program

I only see it once a month or so if that and technically I shouldn't as notifications are disabled for this in my windows 10

now the issue has been raised I will probably uninstall it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Thanks much, Acorn and Steve.

I just uninstalled it. I'll see if that does the trick.

Thanks again.
    If this problem is due to MAGIX Movie Maker, no need to uninstall is. There is a method to remove the ads. But, it may only be for older versions. Mine is 2016.

From the desktop use <control-alt-delete>, pick <Task Manager>, under the tab <Process> find (something like, I don't see it any more because I removed it) <Updater...>, right click <properties>. In this version it should say <QMxNetworkSync.exe>. Click <End Task>. Close the <Task Manager>.

Open <Windows Explorer>, got <C:\Program Files\Common Files\MAGIX Services\Update Notifier>, and delete <QMxNetworkSync.exe>, reboot the computer.

In my version, I get no more ads. When I run <MAGIX Movie Maker> so far it has not complained.

I hope not. Because if it does I will, as others have indicated on this Forum, Uninstall it. No flame war intended. Simple dissatisfaction with MAGIX.

Hope this helps a few of annoyed customers.

this is an old thread, not sure it is even an issue

but if it is, I think just uninstalling is a cleaner sloution....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The current incarnation is called Update Notifier. You can either uninstall it or go under the Info Channel tab and disable everything for which you don't want to see messages. I have some turned on because I want to know if there is a new version of these.

For Xara user who also use Magix nle's, Movie Edit Pro, Video Pro X or PhotoStory, you may want to keep the Update Notifier as the program also allows you to download files - WiFi transfer from a cell phone with Camera MX to your computer. Cloud Import is linked to the nle Import tab and allows you to access and transfer files that may be stored on the cloud under MX One Drive or Google Drive for use in the nle. You can open the Update Notifier from the hidden icon tray.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)