Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Magix Connect

Hybrid View

Default Magix Connect

What is Magix Connect? I came in to sit at my computer this morning and discovered I had to log in, which normally I don't have to do except when there's been a Windows Update.
    Instead, it was an installation of Magix Connect. I don't know what this is or what it's for, so I did NOT give it permission, as it requested.

Anyone have information on this program?
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Magix Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    What is Magix Connect? I came in to sit at my computer this morning and discovered I had to log in, which normally I don't have to do except when there's been a Windows Update.
    Instead, it was an installation of Magix Connect. I don't know what this is or what it's for, so I did NOT give it permission, as it requested.
    Anyone have information on this program?
    Ron do you have VEGAS Pro installed or some other Magix program?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

I don't know what Vegas Pro is.

Does Magix Panorama Studio count?

Besides various versions of Xara Designer and Xara 3D, Panorama Studio is the only other Magix product I have, and it was installed with Pro X (16).

Xara's Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Acorn,
    I don't know what Vegas Pro is.
    Does Magix Panorama Studio count?
    Besides various versions of Xara Designer and Xara 3D, Panorama Studio is the only other Magix product I have, and it was installed with Pro X (16).
    Ron, I don't know how it got onto your machine.

Check if you now have a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Connect\.

Connect is seemingly pernicious in that once installed, it is difficult to remove - a definition of malware in my book.
    There are MS Window Registry entries that are not cleaned out, so at every opportunity Connect tries to re-install itself.

I cannot advise you how to proceed other than email Magix, ask what Connect is for and how to remove it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I believe the latest xara installers come with a free edition/trial of magix music maker - if you let that install it could be this that is prompting 'magix connect' which is a tool linked to thier music programs specifically [such as vegas, music maker, sound forge etc] and could have been installed with any of these

Quote Originally Posted by MAGIX
    Connect is a tool we use to communicate directly and efficiently with our customers in order to share valuable offers and other information
    yuk

you can uninstall it from control panel - it is called Connect published by magix software GmbH
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Do I have to use Connect? Can I uninstall it?

No, you do not have to use Connect. To uninstall it, go to your system's Control Panel, choose Uninstall a program, find Connect in the list, and follow the normal uninstall procedure from there. While this will not affect the operation of your MAGIX software in any way, remember that you will no longer receive future offers through the Connect system.
    another quote from magix

btw - just noticed the forum now gives 'originally posted by' for text with the bb code quote syntax [could have been doing thart for a while of course ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks much, Acorn and Steve.

I just uninstalled it. I'll see if that does the trick.

Thanks again.

Xara's Facebook