Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Colour Picker

Default Colour Picker

Dear Xara...

Could you add a right-click action on the Colour Picker to pick the Line Colour.

So much simpler for use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Colour Picker

+1

And whilst you are at it, a keystroke such as Alt to enable the picker instead of having to click on it.

Acorn, if you right click on the color wheel icon it opens the Color Editor to in the Line Color mode.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ... if you right click on the color wheel icon it opens the Color Editor to in the Line Color mode.
    Another day I've learnt something new ... Thank you again Gary. A most useful tip!

Once the line colour is selected in the Colour Editor, then picking the "eyedropper" allows you to change the line colour. BRILLIANT.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

+1

Also nice to have quick way of reversing line and fill colours, perhaps just by clicking the 'current colour, fill & text background' icon on the far left of the colour bar.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

@Xara, the point is your UX is very poor on the colour bar.

Click a colour to change the Fill. Shift-click a colour to change the Line colour.
    Click the Colour Editor to open for the current Fill. Alt-click the Colour editor to open for the current Line.
    Click the Picker to change the Fill. Nothing else.

I do like the idea of clicking on the selected colours box to toggle Fill and Line. Good idea Jono.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The Page options let you opt for a pop up menu whenever you click a color, left or right click.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The Page options let you opt for a pop up menu whenever you click a color, left or right click.
    The point is one place it is Shift- and the next it is Alt- [edit; I misread Gary's Post - Alt+click does not pick the Line colour; he was referring to something else! Shift+click only opens the Colour Editor for the Line colour when there is a Line width].
    It gets tedious having to remember exceptions (a sign of poor User Experience (UX)). e.g., I ought to have define UX in my first Post; it presumed readers would known what UX meant.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 17 November 2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The point is one place it is Shift- and the next it is Alt-.
    It gets tedious having to remember exceptions (a sign of poor User Experience (UX)). e.g., I ought to have define UX in my first Post; it presumed readers would known what UX meant.

Acorn
    It is Shift + click to change line color, but also Shift + click (Alt + click is the same) on the left of the color bar to open the color editor pointing on the line color.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco D View Post
    It is Shift + click to change line color, but also Shift + click (Alt + click is the same) on the left of the color bar to open the color editor pointing on the line color.
    Marco.
    Marco thanks, I have edited out my misunderstanding.

I raised this whinge as when you Shift-click on the Colour Picker, you still only can change the Fill colour. It is a waste of a meta-key press that could be doing something useful.

Also @Xara, if I have the Fill colour already selected as a Named (Theme) colour, why does the Colour Editor assume I am only wanting to change the current object colour and not the general Named colour?
    Instead, I can open it and select the Named colour and Edit or right-click the Named colour and pick Edit that way.

Acorn