Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Colour Picker

Hybrid View

Default Re: Colour Picker

+1

Also nice to have quick way of reversing line and fill colours, perhaps just by clicking the 'current colour, fill & text background' icon on the far left of the colour bar.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

@Xara, the point is your UX is very poor on the colour bar.

Click a colour to change the Fill. Shift-click a colour to change the Line colour.
    Click the Colour Editor to open for the current Fill. Alt-click the Colour editor to open for the current Line.
    Click the Picker to change the Fill. Nothing else.

I do like the idea of clicking on the selected colours box to toggle Fill and Line. Good idea Jono.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The Page options let you opt for a pop up menu whenever you click a color, left or right click.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The Page options let you opt for a pop up menu whenever you click a color, left or right click.
    The point is one place it is Shift- and the next it is Alt- [edit; I misread Gary's Post - Alt+click does not pick the Line colour; he was referring to something else! Shift+click only opens the Colour Editor for the Line colour when there is a Line width].
    It gets tedious having to remember exceptions (a sign of poor User Experience (UX)). e.g., I ought to have define UX in my first Post; it presumed readers would known what UX meant.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 17 November 2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The point is one place it is Shift- and the next it is Alt-.
    It gets tedious having to remember exceptions (a sign of poor User Experience (UX)). e.g., I ought to have define UX in my first Post; it presumed readers would known what UX meant.

Acorn
    It is Shift + click to change line color, but also Shift + click (Alt + click is the same) on the left of the color bar to open the color editor pointing on the line color.

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco D View Post
    It is Shift + click to change line color, but also Shift + click (Alt + click is the same) on the left of the color bar to open the color editor pointing on the line color.
    Marco.
    Marco thanks, I have edited out my misunderstanding.

I raised this whinge as when you Shift-click on the Colour Picker, you still only can change the Fill colour. It is a waste of a meta-key press that could be doing something useful.

Also @Xara, if I have the Fill colour already selected as a Named (Theme) colour, why does the Colour Editor assume I am only wanting to change the current object colour and not the general Named colour?
    Instead, I can open it and select the Named colour and Edit or right-click the Named colour and pick Edit that way.

Acorn