Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Color Palette Creation?

My option is to create a folder -- I named mine 'Xara Colors' -- for .xar color files (such as Gary's) and import it into the Local Designs gallery (click 'Disc designs....', browse to the folder, and click 'Add' or 'Update' if you have added a new file to ).

If you want to import a color palette (such as the .pal file suggested by Christine), place the file in 'C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\15' or similar location depending on the app and version number. You will have to restart the program for the palette to show in the Color Gallery.

here is a link to some free colour palettes. These are ACO format but work the same as PAL.

http://justjaimee.com/49-free-new-ph...lour-swatches/
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    place the file in 'C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\15' or similar location depending on the app and version number...
    in the Palettes folder at this location [or it's equivalent] I think, not at that precise location itself
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Cool Re: Color Palette Creation?

Xara are mostly already at a solution to this.

It uses .xar files with a specific filename format to apply Colour Schemes.
    I believe that you can save a XAR file with Theme Colors 1 to 5, possibly Text & Website backdrop as well. Then rename the file to anything_themecolorschemenn.xar.
    If this file is dropped on top of your design, the Theme Colors are updated to the new colour scheme; the actual design page contents are ignored.

I have not checked it other than renaming Gary's Palette file to gp_themecolorscheme88 and it seems to add the Named Colours correctly to the Colour gallery and the Colour Bar.

I am sure this is what jclements (OP) was implying but it might have been overlooked.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great find, Acorn! I just renamed all my .xar files with color palettes (in whatever form) and all respective named colors show in the color bar when I drag and drop them onto my document. And without the contents that these files where made of (drawings, color wheels, gradients.)

jcements did you get your question answered?

If not, then you can create as many named colors as you like, just make sure in options the delete unused colors is not checked, and make a swash containing each of y9ourl named colors and move it to somewhere off the pasteboard then save this xar document as a template and make sure the use as default template is checked. As an example of this see how some of the others have handled this swash of colors, such as Gary Priester(gwpriester) post number 2 this thread.

Any further questions about this you may contact any of us.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.