Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Downloading resources

I seldom use web creation software but like to have it available when/if needed. How can I download the online resources to have them available when my contract expires? I know I'll miss out on upgrades until I decide to re-up, but I'd like to have decent functionality 'til then. Any advice would be appreciated!

Default Re: Downloading resources

Well if you have one of Xara's products, you can still use it after the subscription expires. You just don't have access to the online content catalog. But all the tools and features will still work.

WJ, open your Local Designs gallery.

You can download a whole category, so it's available offline, by right clicking on the
    category name in the Gallery, and selecting the DOWNLOAD ALL option. The Gallery tab
    informs you of the update status.
    If you download everything, it is more than 2GB so pick your order carefully (Social Media, Print, Presentations, First Look, Components, Websites).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wait, you can download online content now? What kind of witchcraft is this? I've been gone too long.

On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    WJ, open your Local Designs gallery.

If you download everything, it is more than 2GB so pick your order carefully (Social Media, Print, Presentations, First Look, Components, Websites).

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn. Will the downloaded content automatically be available to the program, or will I have to create links to folders on my hard drive?

I have over a terrabyte free, so I'm not too concerned about size of the download.

Are you really leaving!? Not good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Thanks, Acorn. Will the downloaded content automatically be available to the program, or will I have to create links to folders on my hard drive?
    I have over a terrabyte free, so I'm not too concerned about size of the download.
    Are you really leaving!? Not good news.
    Windjamer, the content is identical to what you currently see.
    I clone off the content elsewhere as well as a backup.

Not leaving, just not moderating.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Wait, you can download online content now? What kind of witchcraft is this? I've been gone too long.
    More like devilry.
    Previously, all the content was part of the application package. Version 11 is in the Cloud but accessible forever(?) Now it is all under lock and key in the Cloud.

Acorn

Windjamer, the content is identical to what you currently see.
    I clone off the content elsewhere as well as a backup.

Not leaving, just not moderating.

Acorn
    How do you clone the content for the backup?
    This is something I would do too if having to reinstall the program.
    Is the local gallery stored in some specific folder on the computer?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco D View Post
    How do you clone the content for the backup?
    This is something I would do too if having to reinstall the program.
    Is the local gallery stored in some specific folder on the computer?
    Thanks in advance.
    Marco, just copy the Cache to another directory.

The Cache resides under C:\Users\[yourLogonUserName]\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache; this is XDPXv16. Go down as far as ..\Xara\ and pick your product and then version.
    Look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r-lost-content. or search TG for %localappdata%. There are lots of Threads on this aspect. Xara has it in its on-line KnowledgeBase somewhere too.

A re-install might not have asked for a delete of the Cache but if you did pick that option then yes, Download All all over again.

Acorn

Marco, just copy the Cache to another directory.

The Cache resides under C:\Users\[yourLogonUserName]\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache; this is XDPXv16. Go down as far as ..\Xara\ and pick your product and then version.
    Look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...r-lost-content. or search TG for %localappdata%. There are lots of Threads on this aspect. Xara has it in its on-line KnowledgeBase somewhere too.

A re-install might not have asked for a delete of the Cache but if you did pick that option then yes, Download All all over again.

Acorn
    Thanks, I have tryed in the past to look for those files to make a backup copy but couldn't find where were stored on my computer.
    Highly appreciated.

Marco.