Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: nag screen? can I please get this to stop showing?

Same here. XDPX 16.0.0.55162
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdpxnag.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	123219

Quote Originally Posted by morris View Post
    Same here. XDPX 16.0.0.55162
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xdpxnag.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	123219
    It is mad that the same company, with a cut-down of the same product can have the cut-down showing a very simple "Don't show me again" checkbox (Xara Web Designer Premium 15.0.0.52288).

I find it hard to think that Xara's version control across products is that haphazard.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The whole idea is that they want you to subscribe to the update service again. Once you're out of that scheme, you're no longer a paying customer and they don't want you to forget that. The nag screen -- together with the promise of some new features now and then -- might just work enough to have some former customers rejoin the fold and to have some current customers decide to stay.

I get the message every time I open XDP 15 and don't like it either that they're tugging at me in that way. But that's Xara's business model nowadays and I have made my decision.

Yes the 'nag' screen started showing up on my system also..guess they aren't selling the designer Pro due too lack of udates
    to the program just Subscription crap..No actual Program updates...I don't intend too Upgrade the Program till some actual Program gets some new features rather than subscription updates
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card