Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default nag screen? can I please get this to stop showing?

Hey I have XPG&D 15.1.0.53605 and it looks like my "upgrade service" has ended. Every single time I load the software I get a nag screen. I am aware that it is out of the range where I can upgrade it now, but don't need to know this many times. It does not have any checkboxes to not show anymore. Am I stuck with this every single time, or can I remove it somehow? Really after the last "update fix" I have almost had enough with this software and company because how they messed up core functionality... but I need it for my full time job. Any help? Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: nag screen? can I please get this to stop showing?

Ron, I get these for XWDP12:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NagTheFirst.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	122601

Name:	NagTheSecond.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	122602

Both have the means to be stopped from re-appearing.
    Does XPG&D not have similar?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have the same issue (XDP 15.1).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Update service nag.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	122603  

I was getting one for DPX 16. But it seems to have stopped.

Could a Mod move this to the Dear Xara forum as the omission of a cancellation mechanism is either bad coding or extremely poor marketing where Magix is wholly missing the point of professional software?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    Hey I have XPG&D 15.1.0.53605 and it looks like my "upgrade service" has ended. Every single time I load the software I get a nag screen. I am aware that it is out of the range where I can upgrade it now, but don't need to know this many times. It does not have any checkboxes to not show anymore. Am I stuck with this every single time, or can I remove it somehow? Really after the last "update fix" I have almost had enough with this software and company because how they messed up core functionality... but I need it for my full time job. Any help? Thanks!
    I currently have XPGD 365 v12, and I was getting this also, and the way I got it to stop is, close out the pop ups, and once I was at the main program I went to "See attached Image" Hope that is of some help. But yes I agree it is a pain.

Name:	Xara Popup On-Off Option.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	122605

Funny how irritated folks get about these things and yet for others it’s like water off a ducks back (ie no problem at all). Personally I have a quick swear at MAGIX, click the don’t show this again box knowing full well it will probably be there next time, and try and get on with life.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Funny how irritated folks get about these things and yet for others it’s like water off a ducks back (ie no problem at all). Personally I have a quick swear at MAGIX, click the don’t show this again box knowing full well it will probably be there next time, and try and get on with life.
    I guess it is just another straw that will eventually break the camel's back for some folk.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I have 12 but have gone back to version 11.
    Both get a nag screen. I switch it off under Help>Info pop-ups>Turn all off.
    This holds for a few days and then the screens return again.
    Yes, it annoys the .... out of me!
    Sure I can re-do the 'Turn it all off' but that shouldn't happen in the first place.
    Grrr.

Joëlle

turned popups off in v15 and nag screen still exists. This will not encourage me to upgrade. Really.
    Ron Cavagnaro