Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Worth the Upgrade price ? And Version X is 16 ? & what Am getting an Upgrade For?

AS the Title states, but I'm wondering what is Upgraded: Xara Designer Pro Xupgrading it's not showing me my Product Key. This still not a bad price for an upgrade but X is ? As for ASEOPS 11 SEO Tool, maybe I may have a need for it?

But When go through the upgrade of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer and log in, it shows my Product Key for 365 below, I do have to admit getting the flyer and business card app is nice and in time would come in handy. I already have MAGIX PanoramaStudio 3.0, as for MAGIX PC Check & Tuning 2018 I never heard of it so how good or not it is? But for the $40.00 it's not bad.

I Currently have the following installed:
    • Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365 v12.7.0.50257
    • Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 11 v11.2.5.42127 P3-79143-*****-*****-*****-*****-23384
    • Xara Designer Pro X11 v11.2.5.42127 Same version as ^^? and yet installed in two different location and each have their own activation keys this a bit puzzling P3-64510-*****-*****-*****-*****-04706

It would be so much easier when upgrading or even buying if the version was clearly stated, I have seen others state they have X v15 as well as others that have X v16.
    I would greatly appreciate a bit of clarification on these upgrades and version.

Thank You in advance
    SGTDRE

Default Re: Worth the Upgrade price ? And Version X is 16 ? & what Am getting an Upgrade For?

I agree with you. DF

Default Re: Worth the Upgrade price ? And Version X is 16 ? & what Am getting an Upgrade For?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDre View Post
    as for MAGIX PC Check & Tuning 2018 I never heard of it so how good or not it is? But for the $40.00 it's not bad.
    I would advise against choosing any software on the basis of a bundle value that includes software you don't really want or need. No software is worth $40 if you have no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I would advise against choosing any software on the basis of a bundle value that includes software you don't really want or need. No software is worth $40 if you have no need for it.
    I do agree with you and It's not so much what do I get in a bundle, My XPGD 365 v12 is several years old now and if it will update to a more recent version for $40.00 or as they put it $39.99, it's not a bad price for doing so, and I maybe wrong here, but it looks like they are just trying to do give away's in a bundle just to get more people to buy and or upgrade. But not explaining What version you shall get for X leaves people guessing.

As for the Business card / Flyer dedicated app, if that is all it does, I would give it a go, in the past I tried out other apps that were advertised as such and were not so great at making business cards / flyers.
    As an example: My cannon printer came with an app that will let you pick out your graphic let you add text and print labels on the printable CD's / DVD's and that is all it does, I used XPGD to make the graphic and printed it on the DVD with the app that cannon provided and looked very good.

The other application / program what ever it is, I would just zip it up and put it the corner of my HDD and leave it at that. At the same time XPGD X upgrade to v? and is the upgrade worth it for what you get and at that price. If I was unclear in my OP, I apologize, it's not that I'm looking to get a bundle or like oh wow look at what I get and what is in it. Honestly most times that I have experienced, bundles were just a way to get more eyes on what is not selling. Or a new company trying to get noticed.

And What is Designer Pro X upgrading to, as I saw it. If there has been a post on this question or similar, I may have missed it.

Thanks again
    SGTDRE

Where is this $40.00 upgrade price? Everything I see, states $129.00 US.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post

Ray
    I think the $40 value is for one of the bundled programs in the deal. Unless I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post

Ray
    If you go here and click upgrade it's $40.00 er $39.99 and again it does not state the version of X and in my OP, I posed the question, is it worth upgrading from 365 v12, to What ever version X is.

As for Xara Designer Pro X yes the upgrade price is $129.00 But again upgrade from what ? and to what ? the way I see it's a mystery, the only Xara program I have that is X anything is Xara Designer x11 v11.

And it seems like who ever clicks on the upgrade, gets the same message and no statement as to what version X is. Again If my OP is miss leading or seems confusing I do apologize.

:UPDATE:
    It would seem that Xara Designer Pro X that I have linked to in this thread, has been talked about in another thread and I did not realize the original poster of this thread was having issues with the same thing I had posted questions about. It is v 15, but what is still confusing is who ever wants it, and clicks upgrade gets it at a reduced / upgrade price. But again Upgrade From what ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro X Upgrade Offer.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	122607

SGTDRE
    Last edited by SgtDre; 09 November 2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDre View Post
    ... But again Upgrade From what ?
    From whatever your current version is ... Magix aren't normally too picky as long as you are upgrading to a newer version of a program that you have.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    From whatever your current version is ... Magix aren't normally too picky as long as you are upgrading to a newer version of a program that you have.
    Than you for your reply and when ya put it that way, I get now...

SGTDRE