Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro X Issues

Hi

After successfully using Web Designer Pro for many years I purchased Designer Pro X (15.1.1) via Humble Bundle in order to up skill myself in photo and graphics handling. I decided to try photo colour change and started following Angelize's "Using Xara's colour change erase tool". Forgive my ignorance but my issues are as follows:

1. Where is this tool? When I click on the camera icon on the left I get a different set of tools to those shown in Angelize's video (see attachments) and the tool shown in her video is missing from my flyout. Her vertical list of tools is quite different from mine so I realize that there must be a way of editing the vertical list but I haven't got that far yet.
    2. I then went to the Help menu to see if I could sort the problem out but there is no response when I click on "Xara Designer Pro X Help..." What might be the issue here?

Thanks in advance
    Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angelize screen.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	122591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My tools.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	122592  

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X Issues

I like to use the Select Colors to Enhance which is enabled when you select the Photo Tool.

It is most effective when there is a lot of contrast between the colors.

Click the tool on the area of the photo you want to edit. Then you can adjust the Tolerance and Fade. After doing this right click on the photo and made a selection.

I use this feature frequently when dropping out the black background of a photo. (Make Transparent).

You can also use this to select a range of colors which can be edited with the Enhance settings on the Infobar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colors to ehnance.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	122594  

it could be just that the (old) grey interface does not have an icon for that tool. there should be a button tool bar somewhere containing all the icons available. you can drag and drop them to customise your interface.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Gary

Thanks for the advice.

Jonopen

Have found the button palette screen in Designer Pro but it is blank. Have given up on Designer Pro and have reverted to the Photo & Graphic Designer/Web Designer Pro combo.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kkeys View Post
    Jonopen

Have found the button palette screen in Designer Pro but it is blank.
    Try this: minimize the program window and then maximize it again. This will make the icons show again in the Button Palette. At least, it does on my system....

Boy

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it makes no difference. The button palette remains blank.

Kevin

Boy

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it makes no difference. The button palette remains blank.

Kevin
    As to missing items / Palettes in the window, I am guessing that you closed out the program and reopened it? It may help if you uninstalled and reinstalled it? Maybe the install has gotten corrupted?

The Designer Pro X you have is it this and if so what version is it please.
    Last edited by SgtDre; 09 November 2018 at 09:24 PM.

SgtDre

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking along the same lines as you (installation is corrupt) and am going to do a re-install. Version is Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.1.54376

SgtDre

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking along the same lines as you (installation is corrupt) and am going to do a re-install. Version is Xara Designer Pro X 15.1.1.54376
    Okay so that answers the Question to my thread post on Xara Designer Pro X and upgrade option that you are given from the link I posted in my post #8.
    Question after installing Xara Designer Pro X v15.1.1.54376 did you let it do an update by chance, I ask because I had to reinstall another Xara program and after a few minutes it did an auto update search, found it and updated. Just wondering.