Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Shape Editor Tool

Dear Xara...

A request.

With an existing Shape, I am unable to determine the winding direction of the point handles.
    If I press the Reverse Paths button, I have no sense of what direction a Tab key will have on the selected point's move to its adjacent point.

Regardless of this request, will you please rewrite the Help and PDF Manual (p. 141) to capture what your application does regarding the text boxes on the InfoBar?
    If the selected point is on the end of a straight line section, the left fields show the length and angle of the line.
    --- until you press Reverse Paths.

It also fails to address the situation when your selected point is between two straight lines.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Shape Editor Tool

Dear Xara...

Again, this is a simple, unacknowledged request.
    The same wrong information is now on p. 160.

All that needs to occur for the winding direction is a flipped Reverse Paths icon on the toolbar or at least make it have a toggle; you can manage changing icons on the Tools toolbar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure what images they show but unless you have had reason to use the Reverse Paths feature it does not make a lot of sense.

I use it frequently when applying a stroke shape to a path.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reverse Paths.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	125208  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure what images they show but unless you have had reason to use the Reverse Paths feature it does not make a lot of sense.
    I use it frequently when applying a stroke shape to a path.
    Gary, vital if reversing Fit Text to Curve. More so for Fit Blend to Curve. Directed Lines. Total bust on Smart Shapes still.

Acorn

Total bust on Smart Shapes still.
    You have to convert to shapes first. I guess in the best of all worlds this would not be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You have to convert to shapes first. I guess in the best of all worlds this would not be necessary.
    Smart Shapes are anything but; they constrain rather than liberate.

Acorn