Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to install plug-ins in XARA.

I feel really embarrassed having to ask this, but since I had to re-build mycomputer (broken mobo) I cannot install a series of plug-ins that I have accumulated. (Xenofex 2, several of the Flaming Pear plugins etc).

I have looked through appriate threads but cannot find simple step-by-step instructions.

Grateful if some kind person can direct me to a step by step process to install these plugins for Xara XDP 16.0.0.5516264bit.

Embarrassed as previously I have fiddled around several times before and managed somehow to get them working, but defeated now!

Kind and hopeful regards
    Martin

PS A while ago I did it easily for my laptop by just moving the whole shebang into thePSplugins folder and it worked just fine.

MS Windows Pro, Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, Intel i7-8700K CPU, 16Gb, 500Gb NVMe Evo Samsung SSD970, 500Gb SSD, Gigiabyte GTX 1070. etc.
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Default Re: How to install plug-ins in XARA.

in principle you point the xara program to the folder the plugins are installed in:

in xdp that is menu utilities/options effects and plugins tab - click on setup, click on add folder and navigate to the folder you want to add [the folder, not inside it], click ok, make sure enable host specific plugins is ticked, and click ok

you can set the effects options if you wish, click apply and ok

you may need to restart the program - you can add more than one folder
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Guys,
    First I have moved this into our plug ins forum where you will find all kinds of discussions regarding plug ins And also here is a video tutorial from Gary Bouton on the Xara Xone http://site.xaraxone.com/tutorials/w...-live-effects/

In the video Gary covers how to add 3rd party live effects and a quick demo of some of the built in effects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Many thanks Handrawn and Angelize,

I would have posted here but I tried searching and didn't seem to get directed here.
    Several Plug-ins worked just fine but Xenofex 2 simply refuses. So I about to watch/listen to Gary Bouton's tutorial so should be up to speed soon.

Regards
    Martin
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Riftvalley View Post
    Many thanks Handrawn and Angelize,

I would have posted here but I tried searching and didn't seem to get directed here.
    Several Plug-ins worked just fine but Xenofex 2 simply refuses. So I about to watch/listen to Gary Bouton's tutorial so should be up to speed soon.

Regards
    Martin
    I use Xara version 11 and Xenofex 2 works fine.
    Maybe it's something to do with 32 bit or 64 bits as older plugins are written for 32 bit programs.
    Could be wrong there, but I haven't been able to find out if Xara GDP 11 is 32 or 64 bit.
    Maybe someone here could help there.

Joëlle

I use Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 16 with Xenofex 2 and Eye Candy 4000 and both work just fine.

Make sure to go into setup and add/check that the relevant folder is listed, and press OK.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.