Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Desktop/Mobile problems

Hey everyone. I've got a bit of an issue, and I've looked around but can't find to find a solution. Was wondering if anyone could help me or at least point me in the right direction?

I've uploaded a website using Xara Web Designer, and I'm coming across a problem whenever I include a mobile variation. When I move from one page to another, I find that for a short while, sometimes a split second, the top of the page's background looks out of place, and the second giant green "P" starts in the middle of the page before moving to the right position.

Is this something that can be fixed? It only started when I added a mobile variation to the site and I can't seem to find anyone else with the problem anywhere.

I've uploaded it to www.pixelpoison.net, and the problem is particularly bad on the "SHOP" page.

If anyone has a solution for this, I'd be much appreciative.

Many thanks

Dan

Default Re: Desktop/Mobile problems

Welcome to TalkGraphics Dan

Maybe try grouping or soft grouping your header objects (but not the nav bar). That should force these objects to load as a single object.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Dan

Maybe try grouping or soft grouping your header objects (but not the nav bar). That should force these objects to load as a single object.
    Thanks for the warm welcome

I'm gonna give it a go now. So if objects are grouped, they load in as a singular .png? That's a good tip. Will have a look now!

Let us know if this solves the problem.

Let us know if this solves the problem.
    Dude it didn't work. Tried it on the Shop again, grouped it all up on the items on the pasteboard background, but it still loads strangely...

any suggestions at all? Thanks in advance btw, i appreciate your time

Are you using any widgets or using any inserted code?

Are you using any widgets or using any inserted code?
    Nah, i mean there is on a couple of pages, and it's certainly a longer delay on the page with the embedded shop, but the other ages (for example the GAMES tab) still has the problem, and it's a pretty simple page with just a few images on it...

UPDATE EDIT: Here's the thing though, upon looking at the site, whenever I remove the website variant, it starts performing without an issue. I just can't figure out what's wrong...
    Last edited by Ax8472; 04 November 2018 at 07:02 PM.

It's always something.

Try this. Create a new web document. Create a mobile variant.

Copy a page from the main variant and paste it into the new document. And do the same thing with the mobile variant, copy and paste one of those pages.

Now see if the problem occurs.

Sometimes a page or site gets a wild hair up and causes weird things to happen and sometimes starting with fresh pages helps. Or not.

Thanks for the response. yeah I did all of the above and in the end it did the same thing. I even took one of the themes than comes free (used one called the Lycan theme) and pasted the same assets onto the pasteboard background, and the same thing happened. I checked before, and I checked after, and it all happened. It turns out that what I want Xara to do, can't do it. Well not without some tinkering anyway, it's the variant that it seems to have issue with.

I could put those assets on another layer, perhaps the normal background later, but the problem with that, it expands the width of my website, which is not what I'm wanting.

I think going forward, I probably need to create two seperate websites, and have the index page detect the browser, and send the user to the correct page, with an option at the bottom to head to the alternate page is necessary. Although I don't even know where to start with that.

To be honest it seems to be all to do with the default "RECTANGLE" in the pasteboard layer. Because when I remove it, the other things appear in where they do otherwise, but they don't correct themselves, they just stay in the wrong place forever. If I could somehow force the RECTANGLE in the pasteboard layer to load first, the rest would load in the correct place, alas the extent of my website dev knowledge is all in this one page, and from the last 2 weeks of using Xara

UPDATE EDIT:

Here's something, when I grouped absolutely everything in the page's pasteboard background, it loaded in one go, and functioned well. Problem was, before it loaded anything, it was white, whilst it loaded the background. Now, i don't mind everything taking a little longer to load up,so long as it's in the right place. Does anyone know how i can change the very base background colour of a web page? like the default #000000???
    Last edited by Ax8472; 04 November 2018 at 07:45 PM.

All visible objects should be on the MouseOff layer and not the Pasteboard layer. Could that be the problem?

Anybody else have any suggestions?