Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default different pages, different background options

Is it possible to have a different "background" on each page of a site ?
    Or is the "background" a single item setting for the entire site, all pages ?

Working on a new site (to replace an old site and design), and have loaded a generic color pattern to the 'Pasteboard' that I want to fill the screen for all pages I create.

I would like to have a photo background on the home page, to have a plain tan background on any text pages or link pages, and have maybe a different image for a background on a couple other pages.
    Have not been able to find a way to "not repeat" the background. Searching the Help file did not find clarity either, if can have different backgrounds or not.

Wondering if the 'background' is a constant for all pages, and if so options for what I want. As an idea, load an image to the different pages and file the page with it, instead of using the background option ?

thanks!
    Frolin

Default Re: different pages, different background options

Quote Originally Posted by Frolin View Post
    Is it possible to have a different "background" on each page of a site ?
    Or is the "background" a single item setting for the entire site, all pages ?
    Working on a new site (to replace an old site and design), and have loaded a generic color pattern to the 'Pasteboard' that I want to fill the screen for all pages I create.
    I would like to have a photo background on the home page, to have a plain tan background on any text pages or link pages, and have maybe a different image for a background on a couple other pages.
    Have not been able to find a way to "not repeat" the background. Searching the Help file did not find clarity either, if can have different backgrounds or not.
    Wondering if the 'background' is a constant for all pages, and if so options for what I want. As an idea, load an image to the different pages and file the page with it, instead of using the background option ?
    thanks! Frolin
    At present you cannot if the site is a Supersite, which I feel is an oversight on Xara's part.

Go to the Dear Xara forum and look for the Thread I raised recently about this and add your request there: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...for-Supersites.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat