Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Warning message: You have at least one button with both a link and a menu

Hello,

I have Xara Desinger Pro X, with Windows X.

Just added a button to navbar and have set it to open a web page url.

Have error message: "Warning: You have at least one button with both a link and a menu. On touch-only devices, visitors to your site won't be able to use the menu, because touching the button will invoke the button link. Therefore it is recommended that you don't have links on buttons that have menus."

Under the error message there is an option to "Remove button links".

On search I found someone else post here that had the error message. However, I don't quite understand the issue and the solution. The thread here talks about a sub-menu which I don't have.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ink-and-a-menu

It seems I am over-complicating this; and would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Warning message: You have at least one button with both a link and a menu

On smartphones, you can only tap a button.
    If it has a link, it will go to the link.
    If it also has a sub-menu then you never get to see the sub-menu.

If the button does not have a link then the sub-menu opens.
    If you want the button to open to a page then you have to add it as another item to the sub-menu.

If you don't have any sub-menu items, use separate buttons and not a NavBar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Warning message: You have at least one button with both a link and a menu

Acorn, thank you for your help. I added a separate button.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    Acorn, thank you for your help. I added a separate button.
    Glad we could help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat