Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Question A Bit Confused here With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting

Just a Bit confused here, for context, I have Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12 / 365 and I just recently was able to purchase a copy of Designer Pro X11 from a Well known third party vendor, installed and registered with no issue. But as I started working with either of the two programs, I noticed that when resizing using the handles, the image even a plain box is not constrained to it's current shape. I took a screenshot of what I'm looking to figure out, please see the text with in the image.

Shouldn't the corner handles turn to <--> well kind of with out distorting the image?.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	122524

Default Re: A Bit Confused here With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting

in the selection tool make sure you have the lock aspect ratio [padlock] set on the info bar
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: A Bit Confused here With Xara Photo & Graphics Designer v12-365 options Setting

Okay ya can laugh now, that was so simple and my dumb over-site. Good Golly Molly.

Thank you Handrawn

oh the simple things catch us all out every now and then
    Nothing lasts forever...

this so true,

I do have a couple another Questions, seeing that I'm working with 365 and Designer X11.

With 365, and even in Photo & Graphics Designer 10 I was able to start the program up with Zero pages, by removing the white page and for the life of me I can't remember how I did it, the only thing I can think of is making a Graphic save as .xar and opening the same image Delete it and start with a new graphic, but the original image I opened was not from from my PC.

But is there a way to completely have the program start up with no white page at all. I have looked in the option settings but maybe it's yet another one those simple items I'm not seeing.

And is there a styles depository or something like this https://www.deviantart.com/?q=styles+photoshop But for Xara programs. I ask because I'm trying to remake / sharpen up a logo and make something a bit better for a friend as a surprise, I already have permission to work on the logo. Can't seem to duplicate the color / style used ( See Attached ) still needs cleaning up.

I started with this Name:  Letter G.png
Views: 232
Size:  15.9 KB and I got to here Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold-Satin-Tone G.png 
Views:	133 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	122528 I'm at this point now, still needs cleaning up / sharpening Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SatinGoldTone-G_v2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	122530

if you want a document with no page area you should use the 'blank photo' option in file/new

sorry but I cannot help you with styles in xara as I don't use them; hopefully someone else will be able to
    Nothing lasts forever...